HELP! Flywheel magnet LCT 208 engine

StarWolfQTP

New OPE Member
Local time
12:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello, I'm the owner of a Poulan Pro HDF900 front tine tiller powered by an LCT 208 engine model PLMHK14650124PBPQRSUVE2M. After many maintenance parts, belts spark plug etc, I attempted to pull start the tiller and it started on one pull to my surprise, running like a champ.

For about 20 seconds until I experienced a back fire with an explosion. The on/off switch has blown out and there are magnetic pieces of metal and some plastic under the flywheel. Upon further inspection, the outer flywheel magnet has disintegrated leaving only the screw.

Is there a part number for this particular part or a list of dimensions for the magnet itself? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

erikb

OPE Member
Local time
10:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That usually requires a new flywheel. Make sure the magnetic didn't hit the coil on its way out. I've seen them knock the coil off the block.
Erik.

GMB74

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Liquid Combustion Technology (LCT) engines are made in China. Parts should be fairly cheap.
Partstree.com shows the flywheel part number as 532429236. $66.99. May be available cheaper elsewhere.
It states "usually ships in 3-10 days" which means they don't have it in stock.
As Erik says, check for any other damage caused when it let loose.

StarWolfQTP

New OPE Member
Local time
12:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for all the replies. I'm at the point of bitting the bullet and get the whole flywheel. Ali whatever has what looks like the magnet, but I'm weary of ordering and how long it ships.