Looking for a solid good 200t porter

661joe

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lots of great builders on the forum. Look at the thread for reviews of the site builders. Not sure id venture away from the forum or use a builder who has no feedback from a forum.

Yeah I have allot of ported saws by a handful of porters but didn’t know if there was someone who was better then the other when it came to the 200t seems like some don’t like to port them maybe because it’s in your face all the time? I’m not sure

2000ssm6

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve had a MMWS 200, impressive for such a small saw.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I won't do it for you but I'll say a little bit on how I did it .This was/is on a 200T Adam Clack in California sent to me .First you have to work on the muffler,completely gut it .Enlarge the hole the baffles come out of .The exhaust doesn't get raised but widened just a bit .The transfers are already over sized . Timing is already about where it should be .I domed the piston but it's a tiny little thing and dropped the cylinder to around 22 thou piston to head deck clearance . The early Zama C1Q carbs with a built in accelerator pumps developed problems .Either block off the pumps or get a later or earlier model that had no pumps .The later arose when production went to China from Japan and it took around 4-5 changes to get it right .Something Stihl was pretty closed mouth about --typical I might add .The average 200T or 020 T will make two cuts in 9 inch cants in around 15 seconds .Mine and Kevins ( Cut for fun ) which his was stock did it in the 12's .At the GTG's one of us always won . I might add those little hot rods would wind up dead sticked at around 15,000 RPM's .