youtube alternatives?

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
6:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been getting increasingly annoyed with youtube and I've finally decided I should give it up, do any of y'all know any similar sites where I can still listen to music or should I just pay the $10/month Apple wants? I don't watch/follow any youtubers so that isn't a concern for me.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
8:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been getting increasingly annoyed with youtube and I've finally decided I should give it up, do any of y'all know any similar sites where I can still listen to music or should I just pay the $10/month Apple wants? I don't watch/follow any youtubers so that isn't a concern for me.
If you're just listening to music, there are other options. One that I use most for music streaming is Pandora.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
9:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do Pandora and I heart.
Only thing with Pandora is this.
You have to reopen app after 4 hrs and click on still listening. But it's free.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pandora or Spotify maybe not exactly sure what ur needs are
Basically I just want somewhere I can look up songs/artists/albums and listen to them, preferably for free. I like youtube's format, I just don't like what they stand for and I don't want to listen to the disgusting ads they've started playing. I'd even be happy with the phone equivalent of Siriusxm just so I can listen to something other than the same old songs they play on the radio.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I share your sentiments. There are probably few tech companies whose views we share...

I use Pandora and YouTube Red for music. No commercials and sometimes their "algorithm" or whatever for music is better than pandora. Also, I think there is valuable stuff to learn on YT.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I share your sentiments. There are probably few tech companies whose views we share...

I use Pandora and YouTube Red for music. No commercials and sometimes their "algorithm" or whatever for music is better than pandora. Also, I think there is valuable stuff to learn on YT.
Yeah, the drag queen ads just crossed the line for me. I wouldn't know about learning stuff on YT, most of the stuff that isn't music just isn't my style.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, the drag queen ads just crossed the line for me. I wouldn't know about learning stuff on YT, most of the stuff that isn't music just isn't my style.
I have t seen them since I have Red. But yeah…

Half the time I want to know something I find it there. Plus love watching tree and saw stuff there.

Boomer2230

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Basically I just want somewhere I can look up songs/artists/albums and listen to them, preferably for free. I like youtube's format, I just don't like what they stand for and I don't want to listen to the disgusting ads they've started playing. I'd even be happy with the phone equivalent of Siriusxm just so I can listen to something other than the same old songs they play on the radio.
Try watching YouTube with Brave browser, it blocks all the ads, so it's just the videos.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A dood add blocker is the key. YT is both good and bad. It's better if you have an account, most of the recommendations will start to be oriented toward your likes, non of that other crazy stuff.

sledneck22

But, is the chain sharp?
GoldMember
Local time
8:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I second or third spotify. I do pay the $10 a month for no adds but used it for years at my desk computer for the free service. I found building my own playlists over the years was best for me but they have "stations" and such you can select with pre-generated playlists.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
dude...I am on YouTube. there's reason enough right there. :p

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use Pandora and pay 5 bucks a month for no ads. Been happy with that.

Yeah, getting real sick of those YouTube ads too. Don't want to pay for them to disappear because I'm just sending my money strait to support those ads.
^ This guy gets it!