High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Your chainsaw pet peeves

ayoungtexan

I tell a lot of lies
Local time
7:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
A thread dedicated to listing the annoying things related to chainsaws/chainsaw users. I’ve got quite a few.

Watching somebody cut with a dull chain
Box store saws sold with bars they can’t pull
Listening to a horribly tuned saw
Saws with restrictive mufflers
Loaning out your saw to have it return seized

Any others?

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
8:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
A thread dedicated to listing the annoying things related to chainsaws/chainsaw users. I’ve got quite a few.

Any others?
Having everyone on the face of the earth after seeing my saws run want me to work on theirs. I'll always help out close friends and family but sometimes it gets old with others.

Seeing someone run a saw that should never be around any power equipment.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Any others?
Well, I don't loan out my saws for all of these reasons and more.

But, every time I hear about how a person wants a 455 rancher, or a MS291 that the stealer "told" them would run a 24" "Blade" in Hedge just fine... Also, those who think it's ok to trench with the saw, and those who think they have to buy a new chain when the current one goes dull...

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dealers that advertise current year model saws for sale, your excited and buy it and find out months later you look at the tag and its 2 year old new stock... not a problem with anything OTHER than an autotune model...

people that cut trees down at chest height, with only one angled down cut lol

Looking at stumps and how dangerous someone made that cut

when you go to your husky dealer for an autotune update and your told it will be two weeks wait time. Your also told the only guy who does it and is qualified to plug in a USB dongle works one day a week.

when you walk into MULTIPLE stihl dealerships and inquire about availability of the 500I and they start punching up the concrete saw on the computer. You tell them your looking doe the chainsaw 500I and they look at you like you have two heads. You also notice the racks upon racks of display saws on the other side of wall and wonder “how in the hell do they not know about the 500I”

dealers absolutely stink in this city.
If your looking for a dealer thats like spike60’s here in calgary alberta, a city of 1.1million, you are in dreamsville!

/rant

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
when people say "blade" instead of bar and "drags" instead of rakers. both terms make me cringe. also a friend of mine who brags about his Husq 460 everytime we cut wood :grazy:
Lol I have never experienced this bit if I did i would also be slightly irritated as well.

Yes i hear you guys about the fatm boss/rancher Being the best stated by people bugging you.
However you have to remember 90% of these guys are coming from a pullin pro, so to them this is a huge upgrade. I myself at one point was that guy until I got into pro saws. Even then, as much as it pains me to say it but the rancher is very light and very powerfull for what it is, not as durable and many other cons but it has two very important pros

Stem

Professional Cup Stacker
Local time
8:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol I have never experienced this bit if I did i would also be slightly irritated as well.

Yes i hear you guys about the fatm boss/rancher Being the best stated by people bugging you.
However you have to remember 90% of these guys are coming from a pullin pro, so to them this is a huge upgrade. I myself at one point was that guy until I got into pro saws. Even then, as much as it pains me to say it but the rancher is very light and very powerfull for what it is, not as durable and many other cons but it has two very important pros

oh definitely, the Husq 460 isn't a bad saw at all for what it is, its just nothing to brag up. The weird thing is tho, he's owned a couple Stihl 026's (& talked total shht about them) & an 038 in the past and He's ran my modded Stihl 650 & Echo 620PW (which are both apples to oranges comparison). He does tend to be a legend in his own mind most times tho, I just agree with him so he quits bumpin his gums LOL.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
oh definitely, the Husq 460 isn't a bad saw at all for what it is, its just nothing to brag up. The weird thing is tho, he's owned a couple Stihl 026's (& talked total shht about them) & an 038 in the past and He's ran my modded Stihl 650 & Echo 620PW (which are both apples to oranges comparison). He does tend to be a legend in his own mind most times tho, I just agree with him so he quits bumpin his gums LOL.
Now that is weird!!
Going pro Saw and then back, not sure what they are thinking.
I have a nieghbor that wont shut up and always talks about how great everything is for him. We got along at first until I realized he cant wait for me to finish a sentence before he starts talking again. So like you i just agree and nod my head and within 30 seconds interject and tell him i gotta get to this thing right now etc etc

ayoungtexan

I tell a lot of lies
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got another one to add. I was cleaning up some downed trees at my high school. A senior there was using a 5020 Poulan that he thought was better than any other saw there. He was getting on my nerves, so I challenged him to race me and my 490. I made sure both saws were tuned right and running sharp chains. I ended up kicking his ass and he blamed the saw, so we traded saws and I kicked his ass again. He didn’t talk to me for rest of the day

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guys cutting with the chain so loose it’s sagging 2” off the bottom rail.

Guys using used engine oil as bar oil.

most annoying...guys putting self tapping screws into mag cases. Like recoil covers, frikin drives me nuts!

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
5:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got another one to add. I was cleaning up some downed trees at my high school. A senior there was using a 5020 Poulan that he thought was better than any other saw there. He was getting on my nerves, so I challenged him to race me and my 490. I made sure both saws were tuned right and running sharp chains. I ended up kicking his ass and he blamed the saw, so we traded saws and I kicked his ass again. He didn’t talk to me for rest of the day

Your high school lets people under the age of 18 run chainsaws?