Work belts

Nighthunter

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm tired of buying cheap waist belts and having to replace them after a month, can you recommend any in leather

wap13

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Google amish made gun belt or something like that. I've been using the same one for at least 2 years, maybe 4 and I work out side everyday, no like I have an office job.

The price is right too. This one I have now has lasted longer than the 2 filson belts I had before it.

Works well for CCW too if you carry.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm tired of buying cheap waist belts and having to replace them after a month, can you recommend any in leather

Go find a leather shop & have them do you a 2 ply 1 3/4” leather belt of you choice of color.

Like this one-
05c7bae2f1ba2aeaf2a4f087c1b16f8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just switch to overalls and you won't need a belt! :D

I agree with above, though. Get a good handmade heavy leather belt, and you'll be in business. If you don't have a leather shop, often times there are mobile vendors at fairs and festivals, but you might need to be careful about making sure you get good quality.

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have thick leather belts, single layer, fancy tooling, that I bought from a vendor at a fair. The two in the front I had bought 35 years ago and I wore the one on the left every day. I have broke a few buckles until I put a horse harness buckle on it. The one on the right, I hardly wore because it's wider and most pants don't have wide enough loops. The two in the back were my dads'. He bought them from the same vendor. I was a factory worker and a mechanic at home and the belt would get wet at least once a week. I started using suspenders 6 months ago cuz my pants keep going south no matter what belt I use.P1020080.JPG

Thumper88

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just switch to overalls and you won't need a belt! :D

I agree with above, though. Get a good handmade heavy leather belt, and you'll be in business. If you don't have a leather shop, often times there are mobile vendors at fairs and festivals, but you might need to be careful about making sure you get good quality.

I was just coming here to post this. I’m built with big shoulders and chest and it makes it the devil to keep my jeans up. I switched to overalls, high back Levi and Carhartt in winter time and Lowback roundhouse in summer time. Best decision ever. As for a belt, as already mentioned find a local leather shop. Any Amish or Mennonite community will have one. I got my last belt from Two Drunken Celts leather in North Carolina. It’s a double layer Cape buffalo belt. It was $70 but it’ll most likely outlast my grandkids.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another thought on good belts. My preference is to stay away from stitching. The thread doesn't last near as long as the leather.

It’s all in who does it, what stitching materials they use, & how they apply.

My belt that I shared above has a lot of miles on it due to hanging an axe with wedges off it or for CC.

I’ve already moved the axe & wedges to a dedicated belt.

I had him make another for me a couple weeks ago because this one is starting to look a tick worn after 6 years.

This guys runs a Harness Shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My work belt (apparently office staff aren't supposed to wear overalls) is actually from the big & tall store. They had several there, way too big for me (like 60" belts), but they were made of heavy leather and had solid brass buckles. I bought all they had at $3 a pop, cut to the right length, and punched new holes. I wear it every day at work, but I haven't come close to wearing out the first one yet. It's been like 5 years or more.

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a local amish guy that lives not to far from me. I had the buckle and he made me a belt to fit. It was 1/4" thick X 1⅞"wide black saddle leather. He charged me $15 and made it for me while I waited.

I had one before this one and it lasted me 12 years of every day wearing it!

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know you mentioned leather, but if you want a good nylon style belt, check out The Wilderness. I have worn their belts for 15 years. I have had the Velcro come off of one, but that was due to the three failing, probably from grinding and getting burnt. I have several of their belts in different colors and features.

https://www.thewilderness.com/#bottom

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I buy Amish made belts off eBay. There like $30. Made of real thick leather and will last. My last good belt was Carhartt. It lasted not 10 years. This by for sure will last that long and cost less than a new Carhartt one. It is Stiff when it comes. It won't make the contour of your waist where it dips down low in the back like belts get that curve shape to them. It holds your pants weird for months till it breaks in. I can find the link for them if you like.

I even lost a fastener that holds the buckle on. I contacted the seller, about buying one and he just sent me two more. It had been two years since I bought it and I clearly stated that and that it was probably my fault for looseing it.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Nighthunter

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I buy Amish made belts off eBay. There like $30. Made of real thick leather and will last. My last good belt was Carhartt. It lasted not 10 years. This by for sure will last that long and cost less than a new Carhartt one. It is Stiff when it comes. It won't make the contour of your waist where it dips down low in the back like belts get that curve shape to them. It holds your pants weird for months till it breaks in. I can find the link for them if you like.

I even lost a fastener that holds the buckle on. I contacted the seller, about buying one and he just sent me two more. It had been two years since I bought it and I clearly stated that and that it was probably my fault for looseing it.

cheers, I'd appreciate the link if you have it handy

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wore leather belts my whole life till ten years ago. Still have a bunch of nice ones I wear. Switch to braided soft materials with Double D-rings for everyday. Washable, no cutting into me while climbing and sweating. They don't break or get funky. Dark green or med grey. Two are eight years old and show little wear. Fancy material slips in the rings... have three of those. Infinitely adjustable. Good for injuries and tie off stuffs. No downside really.

onlybrowning

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
https://gunbelts.com

Big Foot Gun Belts. I’ve got them in wide and narrow for dress in both brown and black. Where them every day. Absolutely worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
If you decide to go non leather I've had a spec ops better BDU belt for 5 years now:

20200307_095820.jpg

Still looks practically new. I will say though it will dig into yo muffin tops if ya have any. The slider is some sort of fiber reinforced plastic so you can pass through metal detectors without issue. Bought it on Amazon for around 20 bucks.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
R.M Williams Australian bush outfitter. Make hand made boots, whips, and horse stuff. A good 15 years old & going strong. I hate cheap belts most even at good stores come from China and will just piss you off. Better off getting 2 good ones and paying the money. Hard to find though, most leather stuff in retail stores is junk.1583768885193-1685964652.jpg

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
cheers, I'd appreciate the link if you have it handy
I'll try to look the guy up this evening.

Here are pics of the one I bought. Several sizes , colors and styles are available. Buckle can be removed. Stitching is pure deceptive, belt is one thick piece of leather.
I have had it I think 2.5-3 years at this point. I work outdoors as a Forester. I wear this thing pretty much everyday, if not 6 days a week.

9bde37332ad19794915610016f1d877c.jpg
b217fc8cfbdf3232ca50eb3377e3921c.jpg

Last edited:

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
R.M Williams Australian bush outfitter. Make hand made boots, whips, and horse stuff. A good 15 years old & going strong. I hate cheap belts most even at good stores come from China and will just piss you off. Better off getting 2 good ones and paying the money. Hard to find though, most leather stuff in retail stores is junk.View attachment 229228
That's the thing, buy one from the Amish and it will last 10x longer than the china junk laminated and cardboard belts that retail sells and there cheaper from the Amish too.

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you decide to go non leather I've had a spec ops better BDU belt for 5 years now:

View attachment 229185

Still looks practically new. I will say though it will dig into yo muffin tops if ya have any. The slider is some sort of fiber reinforced plastic so you can pass through metal detectors without issue. Bought it on Amazon for around 20 bucks.
Do you wear it much? Those tags look brand new?