High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Wood Splitter Shaft fixation hook for wheel assembly?

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Studs,

I have a PowerHouse 9 Ton splitter.
Some how or another I lost the small round metal washer type part that holds the wheel on the shaft.
I've looked the part up online via the owners manual, yet I can't find a part number or if there is another part that would be exchangeable for it.
It is officially listed as a, "shaft fixation hook".
Also looks as if it splits and has to hammered on or put on with needle nose pliers.
Here is a pic of the one still attached to the opposite wheel.
Any ideas of where I can find one or an alternate part that will work?

Thanks,
Reg
Shaft fixation hook.jpg

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20191219_160158.jpg That's a snap ring. The round black thing with 2 holes in it. Holding wheel and washer on.
You use a set of snap ring pliers to take it on and off. Very simple to do.
Is that what you were looking for Reggie?

Last edited:

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Appreciate yer feedback brother.
Finally found it at True Value hardware.
The pliers were useless, because the eyelets were smaller than the plier prongs.
My wife & avoided some 3 Stooge moments and finagled it on!
Merry Christmas to you.
Great thing is this, probably saved at least a $75-90 shop bill and spent only $12!!:campeon::aaaaa::dancer2:

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yes there different sizes for the snap rings as well as being external such as yours an internal like on a auto hub. There are pliers sets with inter changeable tips as well as being capable of being switched from internal to external in operation . In some cases they do not have holes just a small groove for the tips to fit into. Those clips, either type are particularly adept at flying off into places unknown never to be found again.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yes there different sizes for the snap rings as well as being external such as yours an internal like on a auto hub. There are pliers sets with inter changeable tips as well as being capable of being switched from internal to external in operation . In some cases they do not have holes just a small groove for the tips to fit into. Those clips, either type are particularly adept at flying off into places unknown never to be found again.
You are correct sir!
One unruly ring managed to free itself from the plastic bag on the way home.
I did have the more diverse set of ring pliers in my basket, yet took ze cheap route out...