Wolf Ridge Splitter

Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have some interest in upgrading my wedge on ram log splitter. Id love a flat plate on ram and 4 way push off splitter. Log lift would also be nice. I see Lone Wolf splitter has a dealer close to me in Marysville Pa. Anyone have one? Any chance you can find used or refurbished?

Armbru84

Just trying to get by
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you mean to say there is a wolf ridge dealer by you?

I have a 35 ton and it’s a beast. Way overkill for what I need but it’s been a back saver. I have a tendency to split larger PCs and the log lift is amazing.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you mean to say there is a wolf ridge dealer by you?

I have a 35 ton and it’s a beast. Way overkill for what I need but it’s been a back saver. I have a tendency to split larger PCs and the log lift is amazing.
Do you have a 6 way Cole? I just have a 4 way and have been thinking of ordering a 6 way.

Armbru84

Just trying to get by
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you have a 6 way Cole? I just have a 4 way and have been thinking of ordering a 6 way.
I do. I don’t use it a ton as I have a boiler and like the bigger splits. If I am splitting to sell though I do. It makes short work of the logs that’s for sure.

Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes sorry i meant Wolf Ridge not Lone Wolf. So all you guys bought new? I have no reason to spend that much on new. I only heat 1 house and a snowmobile camp up north. I was only looking at the smaller model. I have no interest in selling firewood at this point in my life.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like mine pretty good. Noticed it's leaking a little at the cylinder lately, but it's not like Wolfe ridge made that.

The only thing that really bugs me about it is that the 4-way wedge doesn't lower enough to get the horizontal "wings" flat to the beam. There's stuff I split where I know putting it through the 4-way is just gonna make a mess and stress things unnecessarily. I'd like to be able to lower the wedge so it just goes through the vertical single wedge. I'm going to modify it so it does what I want, but I just think they should come that way from the factory.

Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Initially I saw a video for Eastonmade that got me thinking like this, but I dont want Canadian in case I have problem or need parts. Timberwolf is on my radar also. I dont know where they are home based out of.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
MVIMG_20180219_160459.jpg Mine is a 3 point hitch model. Not the best setup for everyone, but it works great for me. It was a one off when he made it. Not sure if he'd make more.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Initially I saw a video for Eastonmade that got me thinking like this, but I dont want Canadian in case I have problem or need parts. Timberwolf is on my radar also. I dont know where they are home based out of.

Tmberwolf are made in USA, in NY. Never used one, but I have seen one in person being used. What struck me is how short they are; like knee high!!!! Unless they have changed their design, I would try to find one and see if that will work for you.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've used the TW-6 and was not impressed with the work height and how quickly it would stall in knots. I was bending over too much for my fused low back to be comfortable. I love my Super Split Special Edition, and it's not going anywhere, but I would like to see the Wolf Ridge and Easton Made Splitters in person. I try to cutter smaller wood on average for easier handling, but I still cut a lot of bigger stuff that even after noodling, a lift would be greatly appreciated. Currently I use my little Kubota B82oo FEL to pick up however many splits I can fit in it, to get them to hip height, and park it near the splitter. A hydraulic lift would be nice for larger rounds.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Vermont. And the "Alpha 6" is a completely new design . It's also a huge investment just under 14k outfitted like most will want... the "box wedge" alone is $1500. It sits higher then a tw6 and has leveling "legs" which really makes a difference if you don't have level work areas.
I run a tw6 and will own an Alpha 6 when one comes up used. Also have a supersplit.

Built Rite is a brand I strongly considered as well. They have a cat diesel powered unit that's tits.

Last edited:

Junkyard

Can’t have too many saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I’ve been big splitter shopping myself. Easton Made is my first choice so far. Debating the between ultra or the axis. Coming from a background in fab and hydraulics they seem to do the best at building them right but also useable. John’s wolf ridge looks darn good too.

Firewood Bandit

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like mine pretty good. Noticed it's leaking a little at the cylinder lately, but it's not like Wolfe ridge made that.

The only thing that really bugs me about it is that the 4-way wedge doesn't lower enough to get the horizontal "wings" flat to the beam. There's stuff I split where I know putting it through the 4-way is just gonna make a mess and stress things unnecessarily. I'd like to be able to lower the wedge so it just goes through the vertical single wedge. I'm going to modify it so it does what I want, but I just think they should come that way from the factory.

That was the disqualifying reason I would not even consider Wolf Ridge. A 4 was MUST be adjustable to get out of the way and function like a conventional splitter. My new one does. The log table folds too.
Has a 30" cylinder with a stop plate to limit travel on shorter wood to speed cycle time.DSCF0012.JPG DSCF0011.JPG DSCF0020.JPG

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have split quite a lot of wood with my wolfe ridge splitter and there hasn't been one time I wished the 4 way went flush. But we all have different applications and split different types of wood.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was the disqualifying reason I would not even consider Wolf Ridge. A 4 was MUST be adjustable to get out of the way and function like a conventional splitter. My new one does. The log table folds too.
Has a 30" cylinder with a stop plate to limit travel on shorter wood to speed
I like the idea of that stop, I may build one for mine. The longest wood I split is 18 inches.