Why did @fordf150 get banned

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
He was very disrespectful toward one of our moderators.
With all do respect, it was more than that. His being banned is punishment for exercising a 1st A right. Freedom of speech.
Some, like myself get very offended when our rights are violated. Not a fair judgement.

We all need to be kind to each other. Differences of opinion need to be respected on all sides.
I hope this can all be reconsidered. We as a people need to unite.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With all do respect, it was more than that. His being banned is punishment for exercising a 1st A right. Freedom of speech.
Some, like myself get very offended when our rights are violated. Not a fair judgement.

We all need to be kind to each other. Differences of opinion need to be respected on all sides.
I hope this can all be reconsidered. We as a people need to unite.

This is a privately owned forum. We have rules posted that you and Nate both agreed to follow when you signed up.

No political posts.

No religious posts.

You and him both have taken a political position on our national response to the Coronavirus. Many times I've deleted posts, and warned various people that we as a forum will not allow this sort of discussion to take root here. Disagree all you want, but leave it alone here. We are a group of people who share a common interest in chainsaws, forestry, etc. We are not going to allow that to be wrecked by injecting political bs into our groups.

If you have a problem with any of that, find another place to post.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We are a group of people who share a common interest in chainsaws, forestry,
This is what I was agreeing with. And sorry to see two enthusiasts of power saws at odds. I did say with all do respect. I meant that.
with this respect I am bowing out of this political disaster.
I am happy to be here amongst good saw peeps. This includes you too.
I've already learned a few things from you.
Peace, friend.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Fellas I'd like to add that the rules are there for everyone to see. We all agreed to them when we created our accounts. When someone decides to break the political/ religious rule, it is unfair and disrespectful to the rest of the members who follow the rules. Furthermore, it isn't an infringement of anyone's freedom of speech. You are free to take the political talk anywhere else but this forum.

Think of this place like your local pub. You go there kick back relax have a few cold ones and have an enjoyable conversation with your friends. Now if you have too many cold ones and get out of control your going to be asked to leave.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Fellas I'd like to add that the rules are there for everyone to see. We all agreed to them when we created our accounts. When someone decides to break the political/ religious rule, it is unfair and disrespectful to the rest of the members who follow the rules. Furthermore, it isn't an infringement of anyone's freedom of speech. You are free to take the political talk anywhere else but this forum.

Think of this place like your local pub. You go there kick back relax have a few cold ones and have an enjoyable conversation with your friends. Now if you have too many cold ones and get out of control your going to be asked to leave.

Im struggling Brad to not say my full piece here. This is in no way directed at you. But, what has mostly soured me on OPE in general is what appears to be a double standard of sorts. I've seen fellas from other countries bash our former president and nothing happened. Ive also seen an ass chewing for the term sleepy joe being used. This is just one example and not the only one. I've seen us trump supporters called cult members. Nothing done. There are many other examples I've seen over the last 1.5 years I've been here. There are many things allowed to be said here that are politically inflammatory to others but it's ok. They are often subtle but still political and inflammatory. I'm not going to start a fight and get banned over it. It's not worth the blood pressure rise. I've made friends here. Im happy about that. I can talk to them without OPE. I'll just fade away because its not going to change. One thing became clear to me, some people are not who I thought they were.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you for the transparency.
@Mastermind

Is it a permanent ban or a smack on the hand take a week off kinda thing?

I've never felt that temporary bans were very useful. Without fail, the banned individual returns with a chip on his shoulder, and we wind up going through the same thing all over again.

Nate knows how to contact me if he's interested in talking about this. I'd be happy to hear anything he has to say.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im struggling Brad to not say my full piece here. This is in no way directed at you. But, what has mostly soured me on OPE in general is what appears to be a double standard of sorts. I've seen fellas from other countries bash our former president and nothing happened. Ive also seen an ass chewing for the term sleepy joe being used. This is just one example and not the only one. I've seen us trump supporters called cult members. Nothing done. There are many other examples I've seen over the last 1.5 years I've been here. There are many things allowed to be said here that are politically inflammatory to others but it's ok. They are often subtle but still political and inflammatory. I'm not going to start a fight and get banned over it. It's not worth the blood pressure rise. I've made friends here. Im happy about that. I can talk to them without OPE. I'll just fade away because its not going to change. One thing became clear to me, some people are not who I thought they were.

I evidently didn't see it. No political crap means no political crap.

We have a reporting system in place. Feel free to use it.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I evidently didn't see it. No political crap means no political crap.

We have a reporting system in place. Feel free to use it.
You didn't see it? It was you my friend. We are also the blight of the planet and you pray for our extinction every morning according to you. Among many other things. Who would I report to? I like you Randy but this *s-wordt runied this place for me. And I'll be clear, it not what was said, its the lop sided enforcement depending on which "side" said what. I've said more than I should have. I should have just kept my mouth shut but its to late now. You know you said something a while back pretty self aware. "I think I say to much sometimes" yes, yes you do Randy. None of us want to hear about you praying daily for human extinction and all that other stuff. And while I'm at it, another sore spot with many here. That us vs them with regards to the haves and have nots. Yiu know what? Everyone here, if they have no mental problem or disabilities, is where they chose to be. Nobody made me be a middle class earner. I chose it. I'm intelligent enough to do what ever I choose. I chose mechanics. First diesel / auto then machine repair. I don't have an issue with someone making millions. They chose different and I certainly get tired of seeing people complain about those rich people. Its all our choice to be where we are. If a person is angry about it, find a mirror. I want to come here, shoot the breeze, learn, teach have fun. Not swim in a cess pool of double standards, self loathing and class warfare perpetuating. So, I lurk and fade. Other are and have too. Not over the speed, or lack there of at this site.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
People are indeed a blight on this beautiful planet Steve. That has nothing to do with politics. People in general are a sorry lot.

But I believe you are right.....I probably am bias, regardless of whether or not I realize it. For that I apologize.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Randy, What is political about that statement, wether you realize it or not is that's the stance of of certain political groups with a heavy interest in hugging trees. I've seen them say it in interviews. That's the "safest" unpolitical way I can state that. But its neither here nore there at this point bud. Rant over.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy, What is political about that statement, wether you realize it or not is that's the stance of of certain political groups with a heavy interest in hugging trees. I've seen them say it in interviews. That's the "safest" unpolitical way I can state that. But its neither here nore there at this point bud. Rant over.

Steve....

I ain't no tree hugger. LOL

No....I never have liked the former president, but I'm not too fond of the current one either.

I've never voted for a Dem in my life. Instead, I just quit voting at all since both sides lost their minds. I refuse to choose the lesser of two evils.

I think you read me wrong.....but that's ok.

Politics will wreck everything it touches.

I rest my case....

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Steve....

I ain't no tree hugger. LOL

No....I never have liked the former president, but I'm not too fond of the current one either.

I've never voted for a Dem in my life. Instead, I just quit voting at all since both sides lost their minds. I refuse to choice the lesser of two evils.

I think you read me wrong.....but that's ok.

Politics will wreck everything it touches.

I rest my case....

Lol. Wasn't implying you were bud. Just saying that's the type of crap "they" say. You are right, lesser of two evils is what we have for choices anymore. But, also, if you don't vote you really shouldn't complain. Anyone. Not just you. I'm over it. I feel better. This has went better than I thought.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. Wasn't implying you were bud. Just saying that's the type of crap "they" say. You are right, lesser of two evils is what we have for choices anymore. But, also, if you don't vote you really shouldn't complain. Anyone. Not just you. I'm over it. I feel better. This has went better than I thought.

I have no problem with anyone calling me out. I need it same as anyone else sometimes. It's rude behavior that I absolutely will not tolerate.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have no problem with anyone calling me out. I need it same as anyone else sometimes. It's rude behavior that I absolutely will not tolerate.
It's a bit intimidating "taking on" the head poop flinger in a world where you have many friends ya know. I'm still a newb and a nobody to most on here. But keeping it bottled up wasn't helping either. At least I didn't go full retard, yep, said that, and respectfully expressed my feelers lol. We are all good Randy. I think anyway. I am. Plus.... GFY.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's a bit intimidating "taking on" the head poop flinger in a world where you have many friends ya know. I'm still a newb and a nobody to most on here. But keeping it bottled up wasn't helping either. At least I didn't go full retard, yep, said that, and respectfully expressed my feelers lol. We are all good Randy. I think anyway. I am. Plus.... GFY.

Yes sir....we are good.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This thread is a good example of proper behavior. You both made your points without it deteriorating.

We are entitled to our 1st A rights, but mudslinging and disrespect don’t belong here or anywhere for that matter. Opinions are like asshòles, everyone’s got one. But having one doesn’t give one the right to malign another for theirs.

Most people need to apply the same etiquette here as they would with speaking to someone in person about the same matters. Keyboard warrior mentality is an issue. Think of how you’d discuss it with the same person if you were within arms reach. I know that would make most conversations a helluva lot more civil.

I’ll insert my opinion here, just to stir the pot. Once you live long enough, you start to realize how much BS both sides are pumping out. And the news has become one huge opinion game. Nearly all things done by politicians are for personal gain. It comes down to basics and humanity. Hatred is being spewed out, and if you don’t think it’s purposeful open your eyes. It’s a way of control. “Us and Them”, it’s on side one of Dark side of the Moon.

And a big GFY to all. Love ya.

Last edited: