High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Why can’t I buy a stihl ax15p axe in the USA?

Logsdendave

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl has them on international sight. Found the splitter on eBay. Found a hatchet. But can’t get the axe for whatever reason. I wonder if they infringe on a fisker patent? Idk but I like the orange handle

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl has them on international sight. Found the splitter on eBay. Found a hatchet. But can’t get the axe for whatever reason. I wonder if they infringe on a fisker patent? Idk but I like the orange handle
Too much potential for violence. :cool::camper::eek:

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welcome to OPE!

STIHL makes a lot of marketing decisions that are not always clear. Somethings, like PPE, have different standards in Europe or Canada, so we can't buy that stuff (directly) in the US. Some things just don't sell well in a particular market or region, so they decide not to stock it, or not longer sell it in certain markets (like the FG2 file guide). Some things make no sense: like heated handled saws they sell in Canada, but not northern Minnesota!

That axe might not be able to compete with the Fiskars, due to retail pricing competition, or fear that it might cut into sales of their higher priced, Pro Forestry Axes.

Philbert

Last edited:

mgr1

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Buy one in the UK.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
9:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Butt sometimes shipping is not worth it, Just saying an axe is heavy....:rolleyes:

I'm sure you know this already :oops:

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
9:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I lookied 4 you :(
££££££ 50 Ish for axe and maybe £20 for postage
So about $70 but that’s just online looking... dan is in grease and sometimes/almost all times gets better prices :rolleyes:

I'm sure if you really want it,, you could get it. You just have to want.....:D and asko_O

edit. I could add links if you want to see..

EchoRomeoCharlie

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What is even sillier in my mind is that they don't always use the same identification methodology in the different markets

This is not uncommon at all in multi-national companies.

Honda for example....early in their introduction to the American market got the stigma of being cheap budget cars. When they wanted to start putting out more 'luxury' or non-budget minded cars, they had a difficult time selling. So they created the 'Acura' brand. Lots of people don't realize that Acura is simply Honda, but because there's no stigma with Acura the same cars sell better in this market under a different name. People are big dumb animals and brand recognition is huge in Marketing.