High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Which Carb Kit for 201T M-tronic w/ZAMA C1Q-S274 Carb?

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haven't found a good answer so far. No ZAMA cross-ref since it's a 'Stihl' carb. Stihl's part number for a gasket set doesn't show as a good number. Looks like a fairly common C1Q carb to me, though I have read that the metering diaphragm center stub is an odd length making it a rather proprietary item. Not even going to start experimenting with metering lever heights and a 'maybe it'll work' diaphragm. Just want a GND kit that's known to work with these carbs.

TIA for any help.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haven't found a good answer so far. No ZAMA cross-ref since it's a 'Stihl' carb. Stihl's part number for a gasket set doesn't show as a good number. Looks like a fairly common C1Q carb to me, though I have read that the metering diaphragm center stub is an odd length making it a rather proprietary item. Not even going to start experimenting with metering lever heights and a 'maybe it'll work' diaphragm. Just want a GND kit that's known to work with these carbs.

TIA for any help.
I believe its the RB69 kit. Same kit for the mtron and manual carb.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the response. I do show the same Stihl part number (1145 007 1700) for both types of 201 carbs. The RB-69 cross-refs to 1129-007-1062 for 200T C1Q's. Diaphragms appear the same. A little more research comes up with a few other possibilities, none of which are readily available domestically but can be had in Europe. That said, I'm now told that the Stihl 1145-007-1700 kit is indeed available, just not included in the static Specialty Tools, Spare Parts, and Sprocket List price catalog. Would sure be nice if a plain old common GND could be identified to work for 6 bux instead. The GND-39 looks right except it has a Teflon pump diaphragm when an acetate diaphragm is called for.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the response. I do show the same Stihl part number (1145 007 1700) for both types of 201 carbs. The RB-69 cross-refs to 1129-007-1062 for 200T C1Q's. Diaphragms appear the same. A little more research comes up with a few other possibilities, none of which are readily available domestically but can be had in Europe. That said, I'm now told that the Stihl 1145-007-1700 kit is indeed available, just not included in the static Specialty Tools, Spare Parts, and Sprocket List price catalog. Would sure be nice if a plain old common GND could be identified to work for 6 bux instead. The GND-39 looks right except it has a Teflon pump diaphragm when an acetate diaphragm is called for.
Your welcome! I have rebuilt 5 or 6 201t carbs all manual adjust and used the RB69 kit in them.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do the metering components (lever, spring, needle) interchange also?

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like any C1Q-S kit with the common pump diaphragm and five/six hole metering diaphragm will work for diaphragms. No idea on the other metering components. It seems like Stihl has just re-numbered existing kits for proprietary purposes instead of referencing commonly available kits. The RB-69 and GND-33/39 variants look like the ticket with the GND-33 having the black pump diaphragm while the GND-39 has the tan one..., though I've also seen it the other way around in the handful of pictures I compared today. Also of note was some metering diaphragms lacked the offset fifth hole with some kits. Gotta have it for the pulse passage.

I happened to have a black pump diaphragm and gasket and a new metering diaphragm and gasket in my stash. Metering stub was identical and I'm good to go. So much for the proprietary theory there.

FWIW, the metering diaphragm part number I came up with is ZAMA A015011 / Oregon 49-920. Couldn't find a good gasket number. The pump diaphragm and gasket from the Zama IPL are 0015050 and 0016033 respectively for anyone interested. Basically cheaper to buy the whole kit.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The diaphragms worked fine. Muffler mod with a timing advance and this saw surprised the sh!t outta me. First 201 I've done. I did a ECM field "reset" which is the 9o seconds with no bar and chain then shut down to clear out the learned settings and establish a baseline with the new solenoid before doing the full reset with bar and chain. It barely got through it before settling into a nice smooth high idle. Thought I may have screwed it up with too much advance, but it finally adjusted to it -- which is to say retarded accordingly for low speed/idle. It blew me away after I went through the whole routine with bar and chain and 5 consecutive cuts buried in red oak. Pretty amazing transformation and an impressive little saw now.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The diaphragms worked fine. Muffler mod with a timing advance and this saw surprised the sh!t outta me. First 201 I've done. I did a ECM field "reset" which is the 9o seconds with no bar and chain then shut down to clear out the learned settings and establish a baseline with the new solenoid before doing the full reset with bar and chain. It barely got through it before settling into a nice smooth high idle. Thought I may have screwed it up with too much advance, but it finally adjusted to it -- which is to say retarded accordingly for low speed/idle. It blew me away after I went through the whole routine with bar and chain and 5 consecutive cuts buried in red oak. Pretty amazing transformation and an impressive little saw now.
Heck ya buddy![emoji106]