Where to buy 24 inch bar

livemusic

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ported Stihl 362, need 24" bar for felling/bucking hardwood. Lightweight is good, I guess. Where can I buy at good price? Is Tsumura still sold? I don't care about brand long as it's a decent bar.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
4:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Comstock logging

woodcutters supply

I can’t remember if or whom here might. I was looking for a bar vendor here recently and pretty much struck out. @Frankavich84 ?

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Failing all that…Google. That what I’ve been doing as no one vendor seems to be able to keep much in stock. Gotta find it where they have it.

Ittybittyfitty

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tsumura is out everywhere I’ve looked (also looking for a 24” LW Stihl bar. Couldn’t find a Sugi either. You may have to bite the bullet and get a Stihl LW. Another option would be the Oregon versacut which I believe is the lightest of them all, cheaper too.

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Archer Plus on eBay sells a multitude of brands (including Tsumura) at cheap prices.
They have thousands of sales with 100% positive feedback.

I recently bought a 24" Forester Platinum bar (locally) & have been really happy with it, so much so I plan on buying 2 more for other saws.
They have a online store (US) & offer free shipping over $60.

I haven't bought from either of above, but plan on buying from both in the near future.

livemusic

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tsumura is out everywhere I’ve looked (also looking for a 24” LW Stihl bar. Couldn’t find a Sugi either. You may have to bite the bullet and get a Stihl LW. Another option would be the Oregon versacut which I believe is the lightest of them all, cheaper too.

Thanks for mentioning the Oregon bar. I don't know why I never considered that one. I have an 18" Versacut on a ported 346 and it works fine.

I just now bought a 24 inch from HLSupply along with 3 chains, all on sale, ends today!

Thanks to all posters for your info.

Catman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I second archer plus, purchased 2 Tsumura bars from them!