High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What would cause the mower blades to stop

Grayson_Everett

OPE Member
Local time
1:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a Jon Deere x540 and just replaced the pto clutch. While mowing g for over 1 hour the mower blades stopped. Now when I try to engage the blades you hear like they are trying but do not.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
12:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Start with your basics. Are any of the pulley bearings locked up? Do all the spindles spin smooth and freely? Is the belt routed properly and tensioned correctly? Is the new clutch installed correctly? Is the charging system working properly? Are the electrical connections to the clutch clean and tight? Clutches are high load devices. High resistance in the circuit can starve it for amperage and only partially engage it which will quickly burn up the clutch.

Grayson_Everett

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Start with your basics. Are any of the pulley bearings locked up? Do all the spindles spin smooth and freely? Is the belt routed properly and tensioned correctly? Is the new clutch installed correctly? Is the charging system working properly? Are the electrical connections to the clutch clean and tight? Clutches are high load devices. High resistance in the circuit can starve it for amperage and only partially engage it which will quickly burn up the clutch.
Thank you @Steve . I'll try to follow your instruction.

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a stick end up in the perfect spot to throw the belt on my 1025r two years ago. 5 mins fix since the deck comes off so easy. Is the belt on and everything free?

most old cub shredded a pto belt and I didn’t notice as I was cutting with headphones on. I realized during that pass, no grass was being shot out, the belt was in the front yard.