High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What the heck is this thing?

sheral

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Located in a field on our property near a home we just bought...

Is it an old gas engine pump or something? Would it be of any interest to someone that likes to restore engines or is it a trip to the dump? Thanks...

Attachments

• engine1.jpg
    engine1.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 332
  • engine2.jpg
    engine2.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 313

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
8:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Located in a field on our property near a home we just bought...

Is it an old gas engine pump or something? Would it be of any interest to someone that likes to restore engines or is it a trip to the dump? Thanks...
Hit and miss engine. Used on well pumps back in the day. Be worth something to someone who works on them, but I would have no idea as to how much. Probably not a lot depending on condition and if the magneto is still there.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
8:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’d list on eBay think you might be surprised how much it brings. Especially if it has John Deere on it or another bigger name. Used for all sorts of things that required a stationary power plant

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In nz if it's a waterloo boy the John deere guys are falling over themselves to get hold of them. I sold one I picked up for $800 nz not so long ago . It had parts missing and was real rough to

sheral

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks gang. I’ll throw it on the local marketplace and see if maybe somebody wants to trade something for it...

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I see you got that posted on FB!!!
Did you move from the coast??
I spent 20 in Gibsons

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What a lovely old thing, not sure how far gone it is, looks like a hit and miss engine because of the atmospheric intake, though some normal 4 cycles had that too.
Engine fires, centrifugal weights kick out and the exhaust can lobe pushes the latch block forward which is then locked and held forward by the latch finger which in turns keeps the push rod and rocker forward and thus exhaust open so the engine can’t fire. As the engine slows the weights come back in, pulling the latch finger off the block, the block / rod / rocker returns, exhaust valve closes, compression and spark occurs, power stroke occurs and the system repeats.

here is my model hit and miss running haha

Last edited: