What makes a good G2G (get together)?

Thumper88

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I’ve been giving some thought to hosting a get together at my place in Olvet Springs, TN this fall. What makes a good get together? I’ve got about 100 acres so plenty of room for tents and RVs. I don’t have hook ups for rvs. Oak Ridge, TN and Harriman, TN are the closest towns with Hotels. I can get some decent logs in here for running some saws and maybe some light hearted competition. I’ve also got access to lots of corn likker for the late night lie session around the camp fire. Any suggestions for making sure it goes right, what time have on hand, etc? I’ve hosted campouts and get togetherS a for blacksmithing, rabbit hunts and motorcycles, but this would be my first chainsaw gathering.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
11:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Coolers fulla drinks and ice if it's going to be warm, and bottled water or a clean, cold water source.

Hot coffee, donuts, and cocoa if it's going to be cold. Lots of wood to cut, lots of big saws to run. Chaps for those
that don't bring their own. Hearing protection for any kids that'll be there. Like Deetz mentions - a covered or
indoor place to mingle and hang out. Accessible bathroom or porta-potties (porta-potties would be the first
we'd order when we got a big fire in the areas I worked and were bringing in a lot of fire fighters from
out of the area).

Door prizes if'ins you wanna do that. I'm planning on having some old boys over to my place this fall for a mini-GTG
and I'll have prizes and things to give away. Food - maybe have a BBQ on hand and order pizza one day if it's a
multi-day affair.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
1:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fat old guys need food, better have some grub.
Couple cants and some sort of stand.
Garage or shed to mingle in helps.
Pile of odd size logs.
And pickled eggs.

bout all a gtg needs. :D

End of thread right here. Not much else to say other than a toilet and some people; fat fed guys like to poop, and when you get tired of talking/listening to somebody you just go to the next person.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
2:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Coolers fulla drinks and ice if it's going to be warm, and bottled water or a clean, cold water source.

Hot coffee, donuts, and cocoa if it's going to be cold. Lots of wood to cut, lots of big saws to run. Chaps for those
that don't bring their own. Hearing protection for any kids that'll be there. Like Deetz mentions - a covered or
indoor place to mingle and hang out. Accessible bathroom or porta-potties (porta-potties would be the first
we'd order when we got a big fire in the areas I worked and were bringing in a lot of fire fighters from
out of the area).

Door prizes if'ins you wanna do that. I'm planning on having some old boys over to my place this fall for a mini-GTG
and I'll have prizes and things to give away. Food - maybe have a BBQ on hand and order pizza one day if it's a
multi-day affair.
That would be one I’d like to attend JJ.
Not sure if it would happen, but keep us posted if you have one