High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What do you keep your saw tools in? (Truck/field)

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
2:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That wrench wrap bag looks great and multi functional. Good wrench wraps are hard to find nowadays. Any idea if the bag zipper is metal or nylon? Thx for posting @Suareground3691.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a good value @davidwyby and good looking wrap.
But it will be allergic to rain, and bar oil residues. It will turn into one slippery slimy leather wrap. Cordura Nylon would be the wrap material of choice for me.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That wrench wrap bag looks great and multi functional. Good wrench wraps are hard to find nowadays. Any idea if the bag zipper is metal or nylon? Thx for posting @Suareground3691.
Not exactly sure on that one , I can tell you they are built very rugged,heavy duty cotton canvas and other materials, I have a large recovery bag , it does have heavy duty metal zipper. and a tool roll I have , has Velcro ties on it , the description in website will tell you all about items of interest.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ammo can or Plano box. I like the Plano box because it is plastic. I keep extra files, screwdrivers, and t handle tools in a tool roll in the box. Scrench and file goes in the top tray.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
1:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Soft sided, rigid bottom, zip shut Craftsman tool bag. Carries all my extra saw parts (rim sprockets, e-clips, fuel/oil caps, etc), wedges, 4lb hammer, extra chains, files, and assorted tools. Stays in the backseat of my pickup, behind the drivers seat, where I can easily access it for tailgate repairs. Rarely leaves the pickup. Also big enough to carry a set of chaps rolled up, and some spare gloves. All the pockets keep it organized..

I also have a dedicated tackle box type tool box just for my grinder sharpened chains. That stays within my pickups tool box in the bed. Holds about 25-30 sharpened 25” chains.. I throw the rocked chains on the floor of the pickup on the pass-side and when I get home they are placed in a box, to be sharpened later.

Another handy deal, is those metal clip boards with the storage under the writing surface. Used those all the time when I climbed. Hold important paperwork on top (client info, work orders, etc) and had enough room to store a complete Stihl tool kit rolled up in the tool bag you get when you buy a saw, plus a couple extra chains, files and handles, always had the bare minimum with me no matter what job I was on.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
11:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys

Didn’t get any notifications of responses or missed them somehow

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I keep all my "on the job" saw stuff in a soft tool bag inside a Milwaukee packout box and leave it in the truck. I don't lumberjack like some of you guys but it has worked well for me. The pack out box is waterproof so everything stays dry. Its big enough to keep my ratchet straps and a basic socket sets and a few other tools in as well.

Stihlalltheway

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

These work pretty good, personally I prefer the older style because it’s a little longer for files and zips totally shut around the outside but these work pretty well for a small in-field kit, you can fit all your basic maintenance things and a chain plus files and tools, and can squish in a foam air filter if you really want it

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

These work pretty good, personally I prefer the older style because it’s a little longer for files and zips totally shut around the outside but these work pretty well for a small in-field kit, you can fit all your basic maintenance things and a chain plus files and tools, and can squish in a foam air filter if you really want it

This company has some great storage bags , have a couple different ones, made in USA 🇺🇸