High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Warranty’s up - easy 362cm mods?

66Fleetside

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Purchased my 362 summer of ‘18. It’s seen a fair amount of use in all kinds of conditions and never let me down. I know it’s not the sexiest saw model on the market, but it does what I need it to do. Pulling a longer bar occasionally would be nice when felling some larger trees...but that’s about its only shortcoming for my needs.

Last night I finally got around to adding a usable set of dawgs. The Stihl factory double set. So naturally I start thinking about screwing with other things I should probably leave alone.

Where would you recommend a guy start? (Context: this would be my first “modded” saw if I start tinkering)

• Muffler Mod - expand the factory hole? Add deflector somewhere? Pony up and buy some some sort of bolt on like the bark box?
  • Ignition timing - is it worth advancing, and if so, how much?
  • Gasket delete - I seriously doubt I would go this far, but would like to know if it’s with it.
In the “non-fun” department, I’ve long thought the oiler was kinda lame even at highest setting. Seem to remember reading that a 461 high output oil pump will bolt in. Curious if anyone has actually done that to theirs and if the results were worth it.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
3:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not certain if you can get away with a BG delete on that model or not. Opening up the original exhaust hole always helps a little bit. If you wanted some more you could put a deflector on the recoil side.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not certain if you can get away with a BG delete on that model or not. Opening up the original exhaust hole always helps a little bit. If you wanted some more you could put a deflector on the recoil side.

Bg delete on a ms362 is a no go without machine work. Muff mod is the simplest/easiest gain.

Steven

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
6:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If when you say longer bar you mean a 25 inch bar muff mod and timing advance isn't going to cut it you gonna need it ported .

66Fleetside

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If when you say longer bar you mean a 25 inch bar muff mod and timing advance isn't going to cut it you gonna need it ported .

That was just some general commentary on the saw “as it is” meeting my needs. I don’t plan to pull a 25” bar or really NEED it to do anything it doesn’t do already.

If I ever really NEED more saw, I’ll probably just buy a bigger saw. In the meantime, if there are incremental gains to be had...I’ll do that just for fun.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was just some general commentary on the saw “as it is” meeting my needs. I don’t plan to pull a 25” bar or really NEED it to do anything it doesn’t do already.

If I ever really NEED more saw, I’ll probably just buy a bigger saw. In the meantime, if there are incremental gains to be had...I’ll do that just for fun.

Get it ported by the guys here or a muffler mod is about all you can do with that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Open up the pee hole stock outlet I had to cut the limiters being the carb model to tune after opening the outlet not that you will have to worry about that being m-tronic. Other than that sharp chain.
It's your saw do whatever mods you want or get it ported nothing wrong with that. Guys here will probably have you talked into a ported ms500 come end of week lol

k (1).jpg n.JPG

pwheel

Finis Origine Pendet
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Perhaps the advantage of a 60cc saw running a 20 bar compared to a 70cc saw is lighter weight and better fuel economy. If it were me, I wouldn't trade fuel economy for the modest performance gains of a MM. OTOH, the logger working next door had high praise for a fully-modded 562xp which he was using on the landing. Also a fully-modded 036 that a tree service was using as a bucket saw. Seriously loud, angry tools. I'd say go full porting for fun or run it stock.

Last edited: