Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x32 scope

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been wanting more magnification but still a fairly compact scope for my little Zastava .223 bolt action. Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 is my first choice but I don't have the cash for one right now, plus they are backordered everywhere. Anybody ever try the Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x33? I figure it should make do for awhile until I can get the scope I really want.

vtx_rfl_cf2_2-7x32_fr_w.jpg

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
In my experience the crossfires are pretty good scopes. I have one on an ar15 and another on a bolt action 308. They hold up pretty well and seem to be consistant. I've got a 6.5 on order that im looking to do some long range shooting with but I think I'm going to put like a vortex golden eagle series on it just for extra assurance

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds good, thanks. I have always heard Vortex customer service is really good so they should take care of it if it has problems. It sucks that there aren't many scopes of this size being made anymore. If Vortex made a Diamondback 2-7x32 I would buy it instantly. Any sort of 40mm scope is just too big for the little Zastava, which is about the same size as a CZ carbine.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, found a low priced scope that seems decent. Hawke Optics sells a 2-7x32 that gets good reviews and is around $100.00. So I ordered one, we shall see how good it is.

31m3uASm0rL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are their scopes mainly for air rifles?

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They have some that are intended for air rifles. This one is listed as rated for all calibers and has a 100 yard parallax.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let us know how it holds zero, clear glass?

I sure will. The image seems pretty clear at all powers, no worse than any other scope I've tried. There is a thick black ring around the field of view and eye relief gets shorter the more you magnify it, which is expected for this price range. The focus works quite well and alleviates much of it. All the adjustments work smoothly, windage and elevation have tactile clicks.

If it holds zero and doesn't fog then this scope is a bargain indeed. I use more name brand scopes or receiver sights on my deer rifles, to reduce the chance of losing a trophy or a freezer full of meat. This rifle is used for coyotes and pests so if a cheap scope lets me down its not such a big deal. Still, I see no reason why it won't give good service.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
6:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are their scopes mainly for air rifles?
Air rifles are harder on scopes than cartridge guns. The recoil from an air rifle moves in both directions as the spring releases. The reticles are reinforced on both sides.
I have a Beeman 4x AO air gun scope on a 30-30. It's been on the gun for 30 years and has never failed.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. The 2-7x32 is the perfect size for this rifle, anything larger is just gigantic. Might be able to try it this afternoon.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Managed to sneak away from the couch office for a few minutes and tried out the new scope. The gusting wind and my frozen fingers prevented me from making nice groups, but it is definitely placing the bullets where the crosshairs are pointed. Will try to benchrest it when the weather improves.

mpalmer89

Active OPE Member
Local time
5:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a couple of crossfire scopes that I bought on clearance from Amazon. Like them just fine. Clear field of view with no distortions and they've stood up to a .444 and a 45-70 so far. They were supposed to have fixed a couple of issues with the original crossfires in the crossfire IIs.
https://guntrusted.com/

Last edited:

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, I went to give my trusty Zastava some exercise yesterday evening. It was warm and humid, and drops of moisture quickly formed on the rifle. The scope was like looking through an ice cube. After about 20 minutes it was clear again. Is this normal with any scope, for the lenses to fog when suddenly exposed to heat and humidity? I know this $100.00 scope doesn't have the fancy lens coatings that more expensive ones do. It still holds zero perfectly.

Catman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, I went to give my trusty Zastava some exercise yesterday evening. It was warm and humid, and drops of moisture quickly formed on the rifle. The scope was like looking through an ice cube. After about 20 minutes it was clear again. Is this normal with any scope, for the lenses to fog when suddenly exposed to heat and humidity? I know this $100.00 scope doesn't have the fancy lens coatings that more expensive ones do. It still holds zero perfectly.
Yup

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. I mostly use receiver sights so I don't really have much experience with scopes outside of deer season in the fall.