WANTED Upgrade/conversion parts for Stihl Quick Change Chain Tensioner

Trader history (0)

nimblebee

OPE Member
Local time
2:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I've been making upgrades and modifications to my MS170 to suit my particular needs and preferences.

I've obtained most of the necessary parts to upgrade my MS170 to the quick-change chain tensioner, but I still lack a few parts.

I'm still needing to locate parts: #11, "Tensioning gear" part number 1123 660 3001, #15, "Insert" 112 3021 2800, #10, "Collar screw" 1123 664 2402, #12 "Pan head screw M4 X 5" 9041 319 0600.

Some folks don't care for the quick change chain tensioner that comes with their saws, and go back to standard chain tensioning methods, and they have left-over unneeded parts.

Surely someone has these leftover parts they'd sell or trade?
47b9c4ea-afcd-4287-85c0-69003ecfb852.gif

nimblebee

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
#11, "Tensioning gear" part number 1123 660 3001

Managed to purchase off fleabay, still needing remainder of conversion parts for Quick Chain adjuster. Might have to fabricate missing parts, if unavailable.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Managed to purchase off fleabay, still needing remainder of conversion parts for Quick Chain adjuster. Might have to fabricate missing parts, if unavailable.
Get someone here to sell you a used whole part complete. It might take a week or three so keep asking often.
Mention your payment methods or trades.
GL

nimblebee

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have that aluminum block. Shows number 12 in your ipl

Michael,

That aluminum block, item number 12 in the drawing, would save DIY-ing one out of maple or walnut.

I was considering carving a piece of maple, then JB Welding metal "wear channel" into groove of maplewood. My fun kind of project! :)

What cheapskate wants to pay dealer price$ for nothing much more than a grooved chunk of aluminum? idk ... not me! lol :p

PM asking price & I can snail mail $, USPMO or whatever?

Also available: PayPal's "friends and family" $ setup, requiring only an email address (I think I can also send money through Facebook?).

Whichever works for you...

Michael Rupley

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is light and small. I will send it in a padded envelope and think $5.00 would cover it for sure plus $3.00 for the part and you are good to go. Mike
mrupley@jps.net

nimblebee

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It is light and small. I will send it in a padded envelope and think $5.00 would cover it for sure plus $3.00 for the part and you are good to go. Mike
mrupley@jps.net

Put in another $4.00 and I will include the two screws you need. Mike

Might be overlooking something, but believe that's remainder of parts necessary in converting MS 170 to Quick Change...

Let's see, $5 + $3 + $4 equals $12...OK, need to see about getting you paid for the parts.

Since you've included your email, I'm supposing you're set up with "friends and family" option with PayPal, which requires only an email to send?

I'll give PayPal a go and see if that works out. If PayPal F&F doesn't go through (we're dealing with computers and the internet, what could possibly go wrong?), then we'll need to figure out the next best way getting you paid.

I've PM'd you with my mailing address for Quick Change parts delivery :)

nimblebee

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Quick Change Parts arrived via post... now have to find time/motivation getting all put together... before I loose track of all the parts! ;-P lol