High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Troy Built Super Tomahawk.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Bought this chipper shredder in 1998 at a auction sale. Paid a whopping $175.00 for it with two grates. One grate is a ladder type and the other is 3/4 inch holes in a steel plate as you can see at the bottom in the picture. From what i was told I am the 3d owner.

enhance

It had a 5hp Tecumseh engine on it which worked, but you could lug it down and kill the shredder with a good load of wet leaves. Engine would not stall because it has a crintrifcal clutch
I used it about 5 years before the fuel line got a hole in it, it was routed thru and area near the cooling fins so I made a new line with coiled copper which worked.
Finely about 12 years after I bought it I wasn't able to get it to start and being tired of the Tecumseh engine and getting parts I removed it and installed a 212cc 6.5 hp predator hemi head engine. I really liked the extra 1.5 hp which I can get slowed down with a big load of wet fall leaves but never kill it like with the Tecumseh where I had to shut it off dig the leaves out and restart it.

I did have a problem with the belts on it the stock belt just wasn't holding up to the extra power. I put a 3/4 inch wood plate under the engine and then was able to install a wider V belt but not as long. I am on my second year on the present belt and I was lucky to make it two months with the stock belt.

Kare won't use the mulch I make out of tree limbs and other wood I chip up. She doesn't like the small size of the chips.

enhance

The ladder grate works great for wads of green grass and wet fall leaves but not well with any kind of tree trimmings.

The 3/4 hole grate is getting pretty beat up now. I am going to get some steel rod and weld it along the edge for extra support. I also need to remove the chipper blades and sharpen them. I have a lot of chipping to get done, hopefully this week. Need to get some new pictures too.

I use the small size mulch in the path to the pole barn and around MY day lilies, Kare is fine with them in her garden paths.

:D Al

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This Monday mornings work was to take care of these Autum Olive bushes I pushed down a month ago so I could plant some Forcinthisn there. Also some to the south to clear out the south line ditch.

Didn't finish the south line ones as it got to dinner time.

Thing doesn't use much fuel for the work it did.

Cintrifical clutch, I beleve the last ones had a idler pulley to get it to chipping/shredding mode.

Front of trailer is half full.

It is pretty deep in the rear too.

Stonehillfarm

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got to assemble a few of them in the mid 90's before Troy bilt was sold off to MTD. For their price they were a good machine.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had been wanting one for a very long time but couldn't justfy the price for a new one that would set 11 months of the year.

Seems a lot today are copying the design. I like the Echo bear cat if I were to buy a new one.