High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Troy bilt Pony tiller reverse pulley

Ewoo6

New OPE Member
Local time
8:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi, I have been tasked with getting a 1987 troy bilt pony tiller back up and running, everything is in order other than the reverse pulley off the engine has been replaced with the wrong pulley, it's way to big. My question is does anyone have this tiller that could give me dimensions of reverse pulley, the model# is 20855 and the pulleys part# is 20503, it is listed as obsolete and no dimensions are given anywhere I have looked, Thanks.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to the site. Sorry I can't help with your inquiry. The horse tillers still have plenty of parts available still so I'm surprised the pully for the pony is NLA. A Google search of the part number might turn up some old stock for you. This site is mostly chainsaw fanatics but there are plenty of green thumbs and garden fanatics. Good luck with your search and welcome.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
By the way, I believe they used a friction drive wheel, not a belt and pully for reverse. It's also called a reversing disk.

I tried to look up the model number you gave be but could not find it. Parts tree has good parts lists for the tillers and the model number you gave me did not cross reference the list they had. Most all are the same though. Take a look here.

https://www.partstree.com/parts/tro...0100101-above/forward-reverse-idler-assembly/