High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Trimmer Comparison

ayoungtexan

I tell a lot of lies
Local time
1:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey y'all, figured I'd compare my 3 trimmers in case you guys are looking for some help on what to buy. I'll be comparing my Stihl 131, Echo 2620, and Husqvarna 525. What's best for what purpose.

Power
For this, I took them into thick overgrown fescue. I used .105 Stihl X-Line for the test.
The Stihl- The 131 cut the fescue like a hot knife through butter. It bogged down the least out of the 3, cutting at about 8500rpm.
The Husqvarna- The 525 cut way better than I thought, it being a 25cc 2stroke. It bogged down somewhat in the fescue, so I had to move slower when cutting. It turned about 7500-7750rpm.
The Echo- The 2620 was in the middle in the power category. There was more bogging than the Stihl, but less than the Husqvarna. It turned about 8000rpm.

Comfort-

This takes into account the weight, balance, respooling, and the handles.
Stihl- The 131 is the heaviest and the least comfortable of the 3. All it's weight is on the engine, but it does have nice rubberized handles. The 25-2 Autocut is a pain to reload
Husqvarna- The 525 is by far the lightest and most well-balanced. However, the plastic handles take the comfort down a bit. The T35 is a nice trimmer head
Echo- The 2620 is in the middle regarding weight and balance. The nice rubber handles and the Speed Feed 400 do manage to make it the most comfortable.

Ease of Starting-

Stihl- Always a 1 pull starter, cold or warm
Husqvarna- Usually 2 pulls when cold, 1 when warm
Echo- 4 pulls cold, 1 when warm

Overall-
Stihl- The 131 is best if you're doing heavy cutting. It is not good for trimming around delicate objects, it will rip them to pieces
Husqvarna- If you're mainly doing light trimming, the 525 is best because it's the lightest and easiest to carry for long periods
Echo- The 2620 is the best all-round trimmer you can buy. It's at a nice middle ground in all categories and is my go-to trimmer.

If y’all have any thoughts or comments just let me know.

Last edited: