jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
5:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I’ve spent a few hundred bucks upgrading my tire repair “stuff”

I was really just kind of wondering what you guys use?

tubeless plugs safety seal kit. Long plug ropes I’ve had excellent results.

inside tubeless repairs I’m running rema tip top patches w the blue cement

tube repairs I’m running rema patches with the cold volcanizing cement.

I guess I have over a hundred tires at the shop and I was wondering what you guys use if you repair yourself?

I do all my own repairs and learned 20 plus years ago. Just wondering

from atv to harvester tires what do you guys use?

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
9:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"Sticky string" isn't legal for on road here Jake, but they are still super handy for atv and the like.

Rema Tip Top mini combi (patch with nipple incl wire pull) and the blue glue are industry standard here.

Same with your tube repair.

Need a good buff wheel and a cleaner spray, and some tubeless inner-liner repair paste and you're good to go.

My credentials....14 years at Firestone Bridgestone in the shop.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Camel brand plugs inserted with the Blackjack tool FTW! I can count on one hand the number of leaks I couldn't seal with those.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
CE8FA8DE-75FB-40AA-A7A6-4F81108FF920.jpeg 8323BD65-DFA7-4698-A42B-3B45D68167D3.jpeg Just to give you an ideas if you’ve never seen the safety seal ones. These are the agricultural/semi use ones. I do cut them down shorter for other repairs. I’ve never used camel plugs but I like their patches well enough

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's exactly like the Blackjack tool set I have. Camel is what Napa always carries so that is what I use. Sometimes the generic ones are too hard to stick well.

wap13

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not much to add other than I just got some ken tool tools to start doing my own tractor tires and 24.5s. Had good luck with black jack plugs, but also most others work fine too.

Rema tip top is what was recommended to me by the tire guys I know. Seems to be industry standard for patches and glue.

What kind of buffing wheel do you guys like/use?

Thats the last tool I havent ordered yet

Never seen the safety seal, gona have to get that kit.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not much to add other than I just got some ken tool tools to start doing my own tractor tires and 24.5s. Had good luck with black jack plugs, but also most others work fine too.

Rema tip top is what was recommended to me by the tire guys I know. Seems to be industry standard for patches and glue.

What kind of buffing wheel do you guys like/use?

Thats the last tool I havent ordered yet

Never seen the safety seal, gona have to get that kit.
I just put a buffer wheel on a grinder. If you’d like to see the irons I recommend I can snap a picture when I’m at the shop I have a pile but I mainly use 2 or 3 different irons up to 42” tires

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do my own lawn and garden, trailer, and small ag tires. Rear tractor tires are more of a PITA than I care to deal with so they go to the shop. I have found that Fix a Flat works incredibly well on small tubeless tires, especially if they are just dry rotted and not punctured. I have one 32 year old riding mower tire that has had a couple of cans added to it over the years. It holds air perfectly and is still mowing grass.