JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
1:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Built a 61 not long ago, got it out 2 weeks ago for a test and tune. Didnt seem right. Was boggy and lethargic. Only thing i didnt mess with was the carb. Its wearing a Tilly hs163a.
This is the first tilly im going to rebuild. Have only done zamas and walbros up to this point. So i jumped on Ebay to find a carb kit and to my surprise they r like $20. Now im used to get a kit for like $8 shipped for the walbros and i think a few bucks more for the zamas. My question, is that about right for a Tilly kit? 20 bucks? Or is there a place u fellas r using to get them cheaper? I have 0 knowledge considering this is my first one. I know on some of the other models the kits can cover quite a few different carbs with one kit. Are the Tilly kits like that or r they pretty carb specific? Any help is welcome and thank u in advance. Feel free to use this thread for anything pertAining to Tillotson carbs!

Fellas here ya go! Should cover all the kits and carbs u may run in to!

https://tillotson.ie/kits-parts/carburetor-to-kit-cross-reference/

Last edited:

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Built a 61 not long ago, got it out 2 weeks ago for a test and tune. Didnt seem right. Was boggy and lethargic. Only thing i didnt mess with was the carb. Its wearing a Tilly hs163a.
This is the first tilly im going to rebuild. Have only done zamas and walbros up to this point. So i jumped on Ebay to find a carb kit and to my surprise they r like $20. Now im used to get a kit for like $8 shipped for the walbros and i think a few bucks more for the zamas. My question, is that about right for a Tilly kit? 20 bucks? Or is there a place u fellas r using to get them cheaper? I have 0 knowledge considering this is my first one. I know on some of the other models the kits can cover quite a few different carbs with one kit. Are the Tilly kits like that or r they pretty carb specific? Any help is welcome and thank u in advance. Feel free to use this thread for anything pertAining to Tillotson carbs!
I have rebuilt quite a few of these, I usually order carb kits from @Definitive Dave or sawagain.com but yes they are typically more expensive

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have rebuilt quite a few of these, I usually order carb kits from @Definitive Dave or sawagain.com but yes they are typically more expensive
Thanks John! Do u know if there is a hop up carb/ bigger carb that is a bolt on for the 61? Being a block style intake is the 670 carb bigger?

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The repair kit shows to have all parts of the diaphtam/gasket kit plus additional welch plug, screen and other items.
10-4. So thats like the kits im used to getting with all tid bits included, not just diaphrams

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just checked a 272 and i have a 260A as well. Few more to check but they r in rhe truck and it pouring out:mad:

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tilly HS250A. Rebuilding for a jred 670 super. Ive got kit installed, but i cant get it to hold pressure. Tried it just about every way i could imagine, interchanging parts, 1000 different ways. Stretching spring, bending lever, old needle, new needle. Wet, dry. Cant get past 7 psi. Anyone else ever have a problem like this? Am i overlooking something? It seems like the spring and lever r not doing a good job holding the needle down. No matter if i stretch the spring or bend the lever i cant get it to hold any more than 7psi. 2nd port/tank vent? Is also capped. All my connections on the mity vac r good. Checked all those under waters. Multiple times:D

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mastermind can i get this thread over in chainsaws. I think i put it in the wrong spot. Maybe it will get more traffic there. Thank you!

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like the needle is not sealing to its seat, worn seat or dirt on the seat. Need to look at the bore and seat with some light and magnification.