High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Thoughts on a Holzfforma G366

ayoungtexan

I tell a lot of lies
Local time
4:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I’m seeing these Stihl 361 clones for dirt cheap, and I’m curious about how they would hold up to long-term cutting. They seem like great saws for the price, and I would greatly appreciate any input on them.

Cheers, Brett.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
10:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess you need to looky around, the rice burner sub forum will give you an idea, although these saws are prebuilt so you never know..@MustangMike runs some 660 clones, and with & without problems.

They are like playing the lottery, so for a hobby saw and to learn on I guess not to bad. But for a work saw not to good.
Some say you'd be better off buying a oem second hand saw and fixing it up.

I just do the s/h and fix up with some bits here and there..and learnt a lot from the rice burners

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The stihl clones seem to be more problematic
For some reason
From what I've read on the forum's
And farmertec FB page.
The husky 365/372 clones have held up for three year's so far for me and my friends.
I cut a lot with them.
Out of 7 I bought the fuel/pulse line's were junk and some had very weak chainbrake
Springs that would trip at idle.
One coil and a stop switch went bad were the only problems.
To each his own
Mine have paid for themselves with all the wood I've cut.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Each kit is different, and they have made some improvements, but they never detail when, etc.

Most of the saws that did not hold up either had grit in the bearings that was not flushed out (always flush all bearings), or were run on marginal oil.

Even ported OEM saws will implode if you don't run them on good oil.

I personally run Saber at 40:1 and have not had any problems (except for a 660 piston pin bearing, which for $10 I always replace with OEM).

Two of the 440 BBs I built imploded, being run on Stihl Oil. I replaced the saw with instructions to run on Saber at 40:1 and it has been used a lot w/o any issues.

Fit and finish is not as good as OEM, but if you are willing to tinker, they are not bad deals.