Those when lighting strikes moments

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
11:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So we have all had them. Pushing the limits and whatnot.

This one happened about 15yr ago. Put a $50 in muh pocket to boot.

Water bottle at 40 yards. The bet was $5 I could hit it within 10 rounds. Shooting a ruger p95 9mm. Last second the bottle tipped over. Rather than walk to reset it, I called out $50 I hit it on the first shot....... I had one taker...... Pure luck I nailed it dead nuts center. Couldn't duplicate that to save my life but hey it happened! And with five witnesses! That never happens.

0222211253.jpg 0222211253a.jpg

Steven

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
12:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Didn’t happen to me but to a buddy of mine but i was right next to him. About 10 years ago we were up north deer hunting. We agreed to meet at a certain area at 12:30pm and head to the truck for lunch. We had to walk past this open field along the road, and its about 600yds wide and probably just as far from the road to the edge of the woods. So anyways, we’re walking past this field and we hear a gun shot not far from us so we stopped walking and looked across this field. About 5 seconds later 3 deer come running full bore across this field outta the woods about 300yds from us. My buddy says “hey, watch this” (he has a 7mm) he pulls his gun up and BOOM!.....next thing you know the middle deer does about 10 cartwheels across this field and fell down. I’m thinking you gotta *s-wordtin’ me:lol: So we walk out there and get up to it and its a nice 6pt and he hit right in the heart. If i wasn’t there to witness it would’ve never believed it. To this day he says(jokingly) he hit it right where he was aiming. He couldn’t have hit it in a better spot point blank.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nice shot Steve.

Killed a deer about four hundred fifty yards one night on iron sites. Dead center right in the chest leaning over a pick up truck roof. It's liver was fubar. Deer went three hundred yards to the wood line and dies... drop dead. We were like wow. Just happen to be lucky on a varmints hunt that night.
Not a drop of blood left in that animals meat. Just a big gooey mess in the gut.

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Many years ago a coworker came over the night before the Wisc. deer season, he wanted me to check his rifle.
I had a nice range with ah indoor bench rest. His rifle was a post 64 mod 70 winchester .30-06 made for Sears Roebuck.
It was dark already so walked out to the 100 yd bunker, hung a target and shined a 6 volt lantern on it, there was a skift of new snow on the ground.
We went back to the bench and I touched off 3 rnds and went back out to look, there was one bullet hole dead center at point of aim & one strike in the bunker plain to see in the new snow, where in hell did the other 2 go?
So we went back and I fired 2 more and went out to look, these 2 were a half inch apart & a half inch below the first one, I grabbed the target & looked thru the bullet hole at the lite, that hole actually had three sides to it I had put 3 bullets in the same hole.

Catman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice shot Steve.

Killed a deer about four hundred fifty yards one night on iron sites. Dead center right in the chest leaning over a pick up truck roof. It's liver was fubar. Deer went three hundred yards to the wood line and dies... drop dead. We were like wow. Just happen to be lucky on a varmints hunt that night.
Not a drop of blood left in that animals meat. Just a big gooey mess in the gut.
And that’s how animals suffer from *B-S.... Hunters!

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It was not hunting or poaching.
It was vermin eating Richys veggies at Harolds farm.
Real simple drop them any way possible. I was drunk... aiming for the head with 30/06 or however the hell you write that with the fmj and Teflon wrapped bullets. They sing a bit also :cool:
Very lucky shot.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I need a tasty alcoholic drink
First one in weeks
Hunting is done with a bow, a knife or a spear imo. Hunting animals with a shot gun is bit different than a rifle. Rifle seems too easy imo.

Now lets call it sport :D
You get in in a tree with a knife and jump on any buck and kill him. Now we got some sport. I'll film and laugh for posterity, we good?

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had some pop cans/ beer cans whatever they were setup at the edge of the woods at a buddy’s house. Shooting whatever we had at the moment, I was about 12. Dad got the ruger .357 just for fun, never touched one. I gave it a few, there was an electric fence about halfway there. Just happened to split a wire lol, never did hit the cans, which were about 80-100 yards. We laughed about that for years.

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Best shot I ever took was when I picked off a blackbird in a tree at about 60 yards with my Marlin 995 .22.
Was at my father in laws farm with a marlin 39a lever action .22, he said lets see ya hit that blackbird down there, blackbird was about 300 yds away in a freshly planted grain field.
So I elevated a bunch an touched one off which landed about 12 ft. high, I said oh he's closer than I thought, so I sent another one that kicked up dust all around the bird but it did fly away

Spladle160

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Groundhog at about 150 with a Ruger Mk III Hunter .22 pistol. On the other hand I have probably had more, How on earth did I miss shots than I can't believe I hit that shots. Times when unfortunately you know you probably had a good shot and there was never a trail.

Stevetheboatguy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My oldest daughter 7. Is proving to be a lil Annie Oakley. Pic is from mothers day. But the lil chit can pretty much go 10 for 10 every time now. And they are moving in from a pattern to a grouping.

Single shot savage. So she has to rack the bolt and re aim every round. No semi auto stuff.

Redneck life is where it's at :cool:

IMG_20210509_161431178.jpg

Steven

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My brother is a fed that wears a suit everyday now but is also a master firearms instructor that teaches on a regular basis. Whatever traning they were doing this particular day his trainees left one target untouched. As he was hounding them and they started poking back about him being a “suit” now and not one of them. He pulled his concealed side arm, single handed and nailed the target dead center from 25 yards and reholstered. Everyone shut up instantly lol.

For the record I dislike shooting with him at times. He barks out your wrongs like a drill Sargent. Sometimes you just wanna let loose down range.

Stevetheboatguy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My brother is a fed that wears a suit everyday now but is also a master firearms instructor that teaches on a regular basis. Whatever traning they were doing this particular day his trainees left one target untouched. As he was hounding them and they started poking back about him being a “suit” now and not one of them. He pulled his concealed side arm, single handed and nailed the target dead center from 25 yards and reholstered. Everyone shut up instantly lol.

For the record I dislike shooting with him at times. He barks out your wrongs like a drill Sargent. Sometimes you just wanna let loose down range.

Back when I was younger. I shot all the time. Haven't in a long while. But since building my range I've gotten back into it a lil. It's amazing how those muscle memories don't go away for some people.

I enjoy going out and shooting. But know very few who can actually hold their own. I was fortunate to learn good fundamentals at a young age. Trying to do the same for my kids. I have a bunch of fun teaching them and letting them challenge me to some accuracy placement.

Steven

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Best shot I ever had was with a Winchester .177 rifled barrel/ wooden stock pellet gun .
I was about 17-18 yrs old and was walking around a lake while my buddy was fishing ,it was a windy day in Pennsylvania.
I got bored and at about 75yds I took aim on my buddies bobber , lake was extremely choppy and I got that sucker first shot!
Best part was my buddy set the hook hard enough to land a muskie. I walked over to gloat and he couldn't believe it till he reeled in the rig to see his shattered bobber.
We left for sandwiches after that.