High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

This should make life easier (towable knuckleboom)

Thumper88

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I do semi-professinal tree work as a side gig. I run my own company and have a couple part time buddies who work with me. My biggest obstacle to date has been loading the truck. I take a lot of jobs that are just fall it and walk or pile it on site because of the amount of labor that goes into loading a large size tree without equipment or a chipper. Finally I found a decent deal on a loader. I bought this in Kentucky a few weeks ago, but havent really posted it yet due to some medical issues with my baby girl. Getting it home was an adventure, 300 miles each way in an 89 GMC 1 ton dually, blew an inner rear tire about half way back then blew the slave cylinder pulling into the tire shop. Changed the slave out by myself in the parking lot and shot the tire full of fix a flat since the shop couldn't fit it in the bay and wouldnt do it in the parking lot. 13 hours total driving lol. Anyways, the engine and pump wasnt mounted, it was basically out of fluid, the outriggers were pissing fluid from fittings and one outrigger had a bad gland nut seal. The rotator pistons on the rack had bad seals and leaked like crazy. So far ive been working on fabbing up a motor mount. I picked up some fittings at tractor supply and got that leak stopped. Had a local hydraulic shop repack the rotator pistons and he only charged me $40 for new packings, wear bands and installing them. He currently has the port side outrigger repacking it and itll be ready to go to work. Im gonna add a manual log grapple for now. It does rotate 360 but not continuous. Mounted on an old heavy truck frame. Itll lift a good load, i picked up an approximately 2 ton log with it and it didnt struggle. Just thought id share my new investment in keeping my business growing and going. Some pictures are from picking it up so the engine is still not mounted in them. 20210401_154247.jpg 20210401_154240.jpg 20210401_154237.jpg

Attachments

• 20210404_094531.jpg
    20210404_094531.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 45

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Interesting. I've been looking at a friends K-boom on a '80s F650. It's a Hiab with a 22' reach. The bed is a 12' with steel deck and removable sides. Would make a great dump trailer/loader.

Food for thought. Have you looked into adding a hydraulic winch on your boom?

JB-PlantHeirloom

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like an awesome piece of equipment. I could see using one for a mobile sawmill.