trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
6:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've tried wedging, banging, putting it in vise and banging, and putting some MAP heat to it. I cant get it to budge from the pan. I dont give a hoot about the pan. I'm trying to save the cylinder. This is the hardest mfing clamshell I've seen to date. Any suggestions to get this apart?

bagpipingtrucker

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Can you rock the cylinder and crankshaft to spread the parts?

Homelite collector in training [emoji879]

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've tried wedging, banging, putting it in vise and banging, and putting some MAP heat to it. I cant get it to budge from the pan. I dont give a hoot about the pan. I'm trying to save the cylinder. This is the hardest mfing clamshell I've seen to date. Any suggestions to get this apart?
How about take a cutting disk and cut away the pan a bit at the seperation line so you can jam a screwdriver in between the halves and pry apart.

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

What model is it? On some of the Stihl's the rear bar stud goes into the upper case and needs to be removed to separate it from the pan.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You need leverage. Maybe try putting the cylinder in a vice, and put an allen wrench or metal rod in the pan half of the screw holes and lever it over the shaft.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Beat that *b-word like you mean it. Lol. As you can tell I can't stand clamshell Saw's!!