Thinking Of Expanding Into Some Media Formats, Looking To Discuss

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
5:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We're thinking of investing into some equipment to do some more in-depth YouTube stuff. It's a great format to share information, stories and history on. I'd love to collaborate with some guys that have the innate knowledge on subjects in a conversational style.

Some goals for the channel would be to:

-Discuss stories, thoughts, experiences from the POV of the guest
-Share innate knowledge about their areas of expertise (modification, specific brands, brand history, restorations, etc)
-Allow for fact based discussion in a drama-free environment
-Collaborate and deliver to the community these stores and information
-A place about the guest and not about the host

I'd like to perform this in a low-pressure way and keep it natural in format. I think we could really bring some wonderful content to the community that's often looked over. Many of you guys have such a specialized knowledge in certain areas and it's fascinating.

Me and @Definitive Dave have certainly talked about making this happen with one another in the past and are still working on something to make that materialize. I think that the format could bring a lot of value and get some great stories out there.

Is this something any of you gents would be interested in, whether it be viewing or participating?

Let's talk it out, if you are.

Thanks!

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it can only benefit your business. I follow along several other media platforms as well (with saw, motorcycle and musical stuff). There's some good content, and I truly mean that. Yes there's tons of BS, but IMO it's not hard to weed through. They are what you make them. And when you use #'s, your content will pop up on a much larger audience. YouTube is a place I don't spend tons of time but we know many do. As long as you can keep the comments in check and don't let gross negativity happen, you could let that place help you sell.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Matt, so what you're saying is you talk to much

:zpong::zpong:

AND i'm boring! not a combo to gain subs. since you have better stage presence than I do you'll find a niche here and do well especially if you can give the relevant info in a tiny short period of time. it takes more planning for sure, and thats just not me lol

best of luck!

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
4:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
AND i'm boring! not a combo to gain subs. since you have better stage presence than I do you'll find a niche here and do well especially if you can give the relevant info in a tiny short period of time. it takes more planning for sure, and thats just not me lol

best of luck!

Hey @Mattyo , it's not all bad, it's a sure cure for insomnia! Lol

rburg

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would watch. I have watched several of the 30 -40 minute videos on porting, saw comparison , and related subjects. I would rather watch these than most tv shows.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would watch. I have watched several of the 30 -40 minute videos on porting, saw comparison , and related subjects. I would rather watch these than most tv shows.

For me it works but thats because I'm just hanging out with folks at this point...not necessarily trying to build a business or brand.

The Duke is in a different place and needs to have more of a sure thing that will help build up the brand and display product offerings. So ...im more offering advice on what doesn't work and assuming the inverse does lol.

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For me it works but thats because I'm just hanging out with folks at this point...not necessarily trying to build a business or brand.

The Duke is in a different place and needs to have more of a sure thing that will help build up the brand and display product offerings. So ...im more offering advice on what doesn't work and assuming the inverse does lol.
Honestly it's not really about me or the brand name or the parts....

Just about hanging out with some guys with a common interest and turning it into something that other folks with the same interests can enjoy.

Thanks!