High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Thickly Padded Running Shoe / Hiking Boot. In Search of...

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any suggestions of what to buy? I can't find anything that doesn't feel lumpy in the front foot area. Looking for a pair that will give me two miles or so and not hurt. Any suggestions? Thanks gents.

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hike and run trails in Altra lone peaks and wouldn’t wear anything else. Altra makes a couple versions of trail shoes that have more padding than the lone peaks if they’re not cushioned enough for you. They have great traction, are very comfortable and durable and fit very well for me. Some Altra models also come in a high top version if you prefer that.
Before the Altras, I hiked exclusively in Keen boots. I still like them very much but I like the lightweight shoes that much better-er.

Last edited:

psmith

OPE Member
Local time
1:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hoka is the standard answer here (Speedgoat/Stinston), though I find them a bit pointy in the toebox. Altras have a nice wide toe box and lots of cushion, I used to run in the Olympus, but they had the approximate durability of Kraft singles. I'd get about 100mi out of a pair before my knees would start hurting. I've been very happy running in Topo Ultraventures lately, lighter than the Altras and considerably more durable with good cushioning, and my dad likes them pretty well for hiking in.