JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
6:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm waiting to hear back from a guy, gimme a couple of days and if he doesn't get back to me I'll have a 272 wrap for you.
Oh the sweet nothings u just whispered:D
Take ur time my friend, ive only been (silently) looking for one for 2 years. A few more days wait to just stumble across one? I B patient ;)
Thanks!

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
4:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If ya need them, they're yours.
I bet they won’t work as well as new chains for finding nails :eek::rolleyes::D

my 36” 404 chains are 104 DL methinks. Need to double check and test fit, haven’t installed yet. If need to shorten, can/will you? I don’t have a spinner, yet anyway. Though could probably make something at work. Will $ you for your trouble.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
7:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to peen my .404 with a small ball peen hammer, it does a pretty decent job. Just have to get the right presets.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bet they won’t work as well as new chains for finding nails :eek::rolleyes::D

my 36” 404 chains are 104 DL methinks. Need to double check and test fit, haven’t installed yet. If need to shorten, can/will you? I don’t have a spinner, yet anyway. Though could probably make something at work. Will $ you for your trouble.
I've got a breaker, spinner, and .404 presets, they can both be 104 dl before they hit the mail.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To everyone who is expecting chains, they've been shipped and I trusted my shipping guy when he said FedEx flat rate was cheapest. I checked when I got home and small USPS flat rate boxes would have been cheaper. So, I'm eating some of the shipping and all your stuff is coming via FedEx. In the future, I'll use the tiny USPS flat rate boxes for single/unboxed chains fyi.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To everyone who is expecting chains, they've been shipped and I trusted my shipping guy when he said FedEx flat rate was cheapest. I checked when I got home and small USPS flat rate boxes would have been cheaper. So, I'm eating some of the shipping and all your stuff is coming via FedEx. In the future, I'll use the tiny USPS flat rate boxes for single/unboxed chains fyi.
You can’t eat freight on stuff you’re giving away...

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
6:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
USPS Flat Rate is whatever you can fit in their boxes, regardless of the distance or Zip Code.

FedEx One Rate also requires use of their boxes, but is based on the delivery zone (distance).

Depending on the size, shape, and distance, FedEx is sometimes better; other times USPS is better. I have a FedEx office close to my house, so I have used them a bit. Prices drop if you set up an account and ship a lot.

I have also seen my mail carrier grinning a few times when one of the nuts on these sites sent me 33+ pounds of chains in a USPS Medium Flat Rate box. He knew what was going on, and said he was happy someone was getting a good deal!

Philbert

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
More stuff, 5 McDonald hard hat clip bits. I got a hard hat before I realized that the webbing was obsolete so I couldn’t find the 6th clip, and now that new saw accessory site makes the webbing and clip packs so I don’t need these anymore. You know the drill, free if you cover shipping.
View attachment 296743

I can use these if they're available.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Want me to cut off the cloth so the aluminum bits will fit in an envelope?