The future of Makita saws has take a turn

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found this, while there is shortages at Stihl seems like the Chinese are working
hard at making Makitas / Chikitas, didn't take long to latch on to the brand name.
From 6.48 the branding is clear.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
12:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks the same as any other 5800 series clone except they ripped off the makita blue for it.

BlacknTan

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
We are our own worst enemy.. We painted ourselves into this corner, now we have to find a way out.
People must buy this Chi-Com junk or they wouldn't make them. I see videos where people semi-promote them... So be it

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found this, while there is shortages at Stihl seems like the Chinese are working
hard at making Makitas / Chikitas, didn't take long to latch on to the brand name.
From 6.48 the branding is clear.
I clicked on it and says video unavailable.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We are our own worst enemy.. We painted ourselves into this corner, now we have to find a way out.
People must buy this Chi-Com junk or they wouldn't make them. I see videos where people semi-promote them... So be it
The American manufacturers sold us out years ago. They started it and we can't stop it. DeWalt, Porter cable, the list goes on and on and on. Some real Makita chainsaws are now made in China, the 3601, 3200 and 3500 just to name a few.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The American manufacturers sold us out years ago. They started it and we can't stop it. DeWalt, Porter cable, the list goes on and on and on. Some real Makita chainsaws are now made in China, the 3601, 3200 and 3500 just to name a few.

In all fairness; those saws are assembled in China, not manufactured there. The other manufacturers do the same thing. I do agree, though, the western world has become way too dependent on product produced at a low cost, at any cost.

BlacknTan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Since this subject is a pet peeve of mine, having spent my entire adult life as a Tool & Die Maker in what I think was the Golden Age of Manufacturing in this country, I'll add a few more thoughts.
In the late Eighties, I started to see dies built in the orient, NOT China, start to appear and come in for repairs and maintenance. I was quite surprised that they actually were not that bad, considering. But, they did not build the life into their dies the way we did. But, I suppose, reading the market trends, they didn't have to because of planned obsolescence. But, they did impress me, and I knew we were in trouble.
I suppose the Chinese can (can being the operative word) produce a decent product if the vendor holds their feet to the fire. Again, I suppose most are only interested in the "bottom line" and don't.
But, what really raises the fur on the back of my neck is when they produce an inferior product, and try to fool the public into thinking it's something it's not. As, putting a German sounding name on something that in reality should be named "Chiung King.." That, to me is going over a line in the sand. Calling a ChiCom a Holtzforrma for instance. It also happens quite a bit with tractor implements cheaply made and brought over...

P.T. Barnum was absolutely correct all those years ago...

Last edited:

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In all fairness; those saws are assembled in China, not manufactured there. The other manufacturers do the same thing. I do agree, though, the western world has become way too dependent on product produced at a low cost, at any cost.
Assembled, manufactured, I don't know. What I do know is it says plainly on the tag, Made in China.
e1112253a119b62c89a02bbd2cfe164a.jpg

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes a few of the low end Dolmar models were made in China unfortunately.