davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
12:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live in a pretty interesting place and enjoy learning about others, especially history. The salton sea was made by an accident installing the irrigation canal. At other points in ancient history, the whole Valley was a sea. It’s below sea level. Can see the waterline on the rocks and native fish traps made from rocks along the old waterline.

https://www.britannica.com/place/Imperial-Valley

Imperial Valley - Wikipedia

FFCEEC31-E4EC-4534-BE62-9FB552F97300.jpg

Last edited:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm..I wouldn't say terrible but I don't have much of a frame of reference. We're rural. I do lock up my stuff and had my tires and wheels stolen once. Local cop told me we have drug dealers in our 'hood. I odn't really worry about it much other than that. Crime is usually between criminals. We have smuggling, etc. being close to the Border.

California locations by crime rate - Wikipedia

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
2:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live about 45 minutes from the twin cities but I’m far enough south where there’s plenty of farm fields and places to hunt. I can be in my waterfowl hunting spot within 10 minutes of my house. Crime isn’t terrible but it still happens.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live on the Oregon Coast - Lincoln County. I live just up above the town of Waldport. It's a picturesque area for sure, being on the ocean. There's a lot to do here - fishing, hunting, hiking, rock-hounding, art, surfing, diving.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Central Wisconsin here.
Closest city is Stevens Point, approximately 24k population.
My property is on a ridge created by the last glacier during the ice age according to the geological studies. There's some pretty large (full size truck size) boulders strewn about the area.
Plenty of agricultural land, potatoes are big here with our sandy soil.
Plenty of trees, rivers and lakes too.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
3:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live on the Oregon Coast - Lincoln County. I live just up above the town of Waldport. It's a picturesque area for sure, being on the ocean. There's a lot to do here - fishing, hunting, hiking, rock-hounding, art, surfing, diving.

Breath-taking!

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live in southern ontario in small town Glencoe. Nothing to exciting about this area but lots of good fishing and hunting. I fish lake erie mostly.
15236dda39b69c19addecf5d5bb3fa1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I live in a pretty interesting place and enjoy learning about others, especially history. The salton sea was made by an accident installing the irrigation canal. At other points in ancient history, the whole Valley was a sea. It’s below sea level. Can see the waterline on the rocks and native fish traps made from rocks along the old waterline.

https://www.britannica.com/place/Imperial-Valley

Imperial Valley - Wikipedia

View attachment 285624
I visited the Salton Sea few years ago,, found it smelly, lotta dead fish on the beach,, Near there we got stopped in a road block looking for aliens.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live in the second poorest county in the state of Tennessee. These people are too poor to buy crack, so they make meth. Petty crime is rampant. But nobody bothers us. These folks think I'm a crazy old man.

Beautiful country though. And the older folks are fine people.

Nope....I'm not moving.

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Live in the center of the United States if you take away Hawaii and Alaska! Abilene Ks. Home of DDEisenhower. Flint hills grass to the east and the flat treeless plains to the west. I am on the western edge of marketable timber here.

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Southern WV. The part that VA didn't want. Beautiful landscape, lots of good timber and coal, lots of crime, and You can hunt off of your porch while talking to your wife/first cousin. Not a flat acre to be found.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I live in the second poorest county in the state of Tennessee. These people are too poor to buy crack, so they make meth. Petty crime is rampant. But nobody bothers us. These folks think I'm a crazy old man.

Beautiful country though. And the older folks are fine people.

Nope....I'm not moving.

Yep! Same thing here, except that I am the oldest one left on this back road here. Neighbors truck stolen last week and rolled by a dope head.

Nope, I am not moving either!

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
North-central PA. Used to be a haven for small dairy farms, but corporate farms are running most of the family outfits out, my family included. Not much crime. Not many people. Little infrastructure. Natural gas exploration and logging are the only major industries. Don't move here. ;)
upload_2021-3-4_10-19-58.png

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live in southern ontario in small town Glencoe. Nothing to exciting about this area but lots of good fishing and hunting. I fish lake erie mostly.
15236dda39b69c19addecf5d5bb3fa1f.jpg

If you own a gm truck you wont want to live in my area. 5 more stolen last night.

Thumper88

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Roane County Tennessee. Closest town of any size is Oak Ridge about 20 min away. I live on a farm lease of 120 acres. Grew up about 10 miles from here on my parents farm. That’s family land that we have the deed on back into the 1840’s. Some methheads and pillbillies in the area but they are all a bit wary of me anymore. Been here almost 10 years, most of the locals know , or know of, the big tattooed jarhead who makes a little shine, blows up lots of *s-word and will shoot your ass for coming around uninvited. Lots of big trees, farmland and pot grow operations lol

Logsdendave

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I drive over Alsea Bridge most days for work.
It’s a good place to spot bald eagles lately.