Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was talking to my wife and her sister yesterday Gary.......and I had a revelation.

Over the last few generations, many men have become weaker. They are no longer proper role models for their kids. Then the women have to step in and take over in many cases because the men are in jail.......or off chasing a skirt.....or.......(you get the idea).

God bless the women........I love em. They are to be respected, as they are the givers of life. BUT........they are too flexible when it comes to discipline. They are too quick to give out second chances.

Then......over time, the men that they raised are weak in that area too. So we are sliding into a society that it's ok to be less than. No worries.......you'll always get a second chance. See what I mean?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Look what the younger folks that know no better have to look up to. With reinforcement like the VP's receiving the presidential medal of freedom from the POTUS. This is like the ultimate participation award of the modern day, that award was never meant for people in the public sector that already should be the best and brightest we have to bear. The ol' world's a changing, they can have it, I did all my stomping around this once great nation when I was young full of beans and not afraid to work to get there. SS

Windthrown

GFY Certified!
Local time
2:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
This is the era of getting an award just for showing up. Win, lose or draw, they hand out ribbons and awards to ALL the kids at events now. So there is no point in winning, no point in trying harder, and they learn just to tag along. Sideline and loser awards. Have to be all PC and not leave anyone out of anything.

In this state the Judges have all become pussies and give endless chances to criminals, until they wind up killing people. Often times some guy or gal has had 4 previous DIUs and STILL have a driver's license and runs someone over stoned or drunk.

Windthrown

GFY Certified!
Local time
2:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Look what the younger folks that know no better have to look up to. With reinforcement like the VP's receiving the presidential medal of freedom from the POTUS. This is like the ultimate participation award of the modern day, that award was never meant for people in the public sector that already should be the best and brightest we have to bear. The ol' world's a changing, they can have it, I did all my stomping around this once great nation when I was young full of beans and not afraid to work to get there. SS

Agreed. I nearly puked when I saw the VP getting that award, with special honors.

Last edited:

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I had more free time, I'd run for president. With y'all as my advisors we could fix this mess in a week or less.

If it's free time you want, become the President, you can make all the free time you can stand. The last eight years have proved that. Speaking of, that milker is going to take air force one for one more ride AFTER he's done being President. His new house is two miles from the White House. Free time ppffffftttt...

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That's pretty funny.

I do like this forum quite a bit, and I really enjoy not having to wade through the political BS like on AS. I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying, but not all of it.

For example, it's fun to make fun of kids who have gotten a soft and easy education and maybe don't have the common sense their grandparents had. Fair game in my book. On the other hand, clear cutting took way too much old-growth forest from this country. There ain't no getting it back. I'm not opposed logging BY ANY MEANS. I just think it's unfortunate that so much was logged off. Of course the worst part (politics here) is that those tracts of land were basically given to rich men with big companies who pillaged the timber, screwed the workers, and didn't replant squat.

I think it's fair for those kids to be bummed out about the loss of that part of America. Just like you're bummed that your generation has raised a bunch of pussies. I think Randy had out spot on when he said that men are to blame for this in a big way.

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
5:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So true yet so sad at the same time.

Randy, we aren't raising pussies but if we let the liberal school system raise our kids for us that is what we will get.

To think at one point of my life I wanted to be a teacher...
I work with and talk with teachers everyday. Not all are liberals, but most all agree that parents now expect the school system to raise their kids. Parenting starts at home. Your kids can't be fixed or corrupted much by any teacher.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's pretty funny.

I do like this forum quite a bit, and I really enjoy not having to wade through the political BS like on AS. I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying, but not all of it.

For example, it's fun to make fun of kids who have gotten a soft and easy education and maybe don't have the common sense their grandparents had. Fair game in my book. On the other hand, clear cutting took way too much old-growth forest from this country. There ain't no getting it back. I'm not opposed logging BY ANY MEANS. I just think it's unfortunate that so much was logged off. Of course the worst part (politics here) is that those tracts of land were basically given to rich men with big companies who pillaged the timber, screwed the workers, and didn't replant squat.

I think it's fair for those kids to be bummed out about the loss of that part of America. Just like you're bummed that your generation has raised a bunch of pussies. I think Randy had out spot on when he said that men are to blame for this in a big way.

You and I see many things the same Ryan. It's a matter of having a realistic view of the way things really are.

For some of the views I have I could be called a left winger. For other viewpoints I have I could be called a stanch Republican.

I don't see any liberals........and I don't see any conservatives.

I see people who have fallen for the rhetoric that the men in suits feed us "citizens".

In reality........no one in Washington cares about you or me. They only care about fulfilling the promises they made to the wealthy men that line their pockets and feather their nests.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My father passed from cancer when I was 5 years old and raised by my mother. Discussed this with my older sister and our mother would have been in jail for discipline she handed out now. That being said, Thank God she was a strong caring parent that made us both independent people. I believe our current problems are do to loss of respect and parents not wanting to be parents. They are too busy with their own wants or just want to be their child's friend.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My father passed from cancer when I was 5 years old and raised by my mother. Discussed this with my older sister and our mother would have been in jail for discipline she handed out now. That being said, Thank God she was a strong caring parent that made us both independent people. I believe our current problems are do to loss of respect and parents not wanting to be parents. They are too busy with their own wants or just want to be their child's friend.

Spot on brother.

I was raised by my mom too. Dad was gone......

Mom worked two jobs and went to night school. Hell, us boys raised ourselves really.

She did what she had to do to take care of us, but that meant she was never home.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spot on brother.

I was raised by my mom too. Dad was gone......

Mom worked two jobs and went to night school. Hell, us boys raised ourselves really.

She did what she had to do to take care of us, but that meant she was never home.
Mother went to work at AC Delco plant in Flint, as a spot welder so she could make a man's wage. Lived close to grandparents and they help raise us also. Grandfather was a 6'6" lineman working for Consumers Power, that rode the rails out of Arkansas after being a mule farmer. None of them put up with crap from us and I am glad for it!