T4driller Saws

Trader history (0)

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
10:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I met mike thru a mutual friend at a shop that we booth buy parts from, I ran my friends 346xp that he had done and I had to have 1, we met and I gave him a 2152 with a new 346xp P&C, he built that saw for me with 359 intake and 199 carb, I love that saw, so I had him build me another from a 353 to a 346xp with a new P&C, these are my favorite model saws, I run them all the time, I went to the PA GTG this year and we set up next to each other along with out mutual friend, hr vrought a ported 359 and I loved it so much that I talked my friend into buying it from him, he liked it so much he had Mike build him a 2nd 359 to have a spare, Mike is a family man 1st and formost, I have been to visit him on more then a few occasions, and I have his Chinese 660 at my house now for testing and I really like it. Mike is not as well known as some other builders (maybe it is not having a sticker for the saws) but he sure knows what he is doing and I am glad to have some of his saws to call my own. Send your saws to him with confidence.

Last edited:

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 350/346 came to me directly from Mike, so I can't vouch for how he is to work with during the build process, but I can say with confidence that my saw runs superbly. It's fast becoming one of my favorite saws to run. I don't hesitate to use it for stuff I'd normally grab a 70cc saw for, and as my friend Jon puts it, "it doesn't weigh a pound more than smoke". It shipped on time, showed up packaged well, looked exactly as he described, ran great out of the box, and is a pleasure to use. I'd have zero hesitation about doing business with Mike again, if the opportunity arises.

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I followed Mikes builds on the site and watch a few videos. I was really impressed. I never had aHusky before. Last year I built a 346 with a meteor top end and I asked Mike if he had any extra oem top ends because I wanted to get it ported. Mike suggested that he port the meteor and see what it could do. When this was initially put together oem kits were pricey and meteors were more reasonable.

Communication was excellent and he shared everything along the way. My stock carb was too small after porting and he suggested another and was able to dial it in well.

Mike was a little surprised with the stock numbers, but was able to work them. The way the meteor was laid out he was nervous it would be a little lazy. He's a sharp guy And was able to make everything work together. The saw spools quick and has a good top end. It sure isn't lazy. He says it was a little behind one of his ported oem 346xps. I think think it's great. It starts every time quickly and will idle all day long. It's now a great saw. I would go with Mike @t4driller again.

I'm waiting for the right 357/359 to show up and see what magic he can work on them.

Orangeinthebarn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I met Mike @t4driller on @chipper1 brett recommendation. I just got my 2159 back today and to say I'm impressed would be an understatement. I saw a video of what he did for @cuinrearview 2159 saw and was sold. Also thanks to @dustinwilt68 for his recommendation. The video on YouTube was a 7 pin. He put an 8 on it and it runs even better. I tried it in some 12 inch wood today to see how it did and it's just an amazing saw. I have a 365xt that is muffler modded only and in small wood I think this 2159 may be a little faster. I'd like to buck up some 20 inch hardwood to see how they compare. Mike is here to please his customers and make friends and he does that very well. Thanks Mike and all you guys that recommended him. He just got a new lathe btw and I'll be sending him another saw soon

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anyone is in touch with him, please find out the status of my stuff and let me know. I've had two projects going with him since Jan, but he no longer posts on the web site, and he has not returned my recent calls (and his mailbox is full).

I'm a patient person, but I don't like being in the dark.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can live with things not being finished, but a heads up as to what the status is would be appreciated.

I call every day, and just get a message that "the mailbox if full". However, he must see that I tried to call, and a call back would be nice.

I have reached out to others, but apparently I'm not the only one who has lost contact with him. If anyone is in touch with him, please let me know. It would be appreciated.

I'm glad that he is back to work, and respect that he got busy, but this goes back to January. When someone pays for something, they should at least be entitled to "the time of day", if you know what I mean.

I just want an update on what is going on. That should not be too much to ask for.

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mike (T4) did 2 things for me, an Asian 660 (ported with Cross P+C) and ported an additional Cross 660 cylinder.

The saw runs well, and the work on the cylinder looks very good, complete with bridge ports and a partly filled intake.

His work looks first class, it is a shame we had a communication problem.

Of course, when you have a machined squish band on a Cross 660 jug, well … I pulled the plug and replaced it with a decomp valve, and also added an Elastostart handle/rope.

I may put the ported cylinder on my 066 that currently has a bone stock Cross 660 P+C (it is the one in the HL Supply video). Never hurts to have a little more juice.

We did the two cylinders a little bit different, and Mike was going to test them both an let me know if one was stronger than the other. Unfortunately, that feedback was never received.

However, I'm just glad to have a completed saw and ported cylinder in my hands. All's well that ends well.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea, not funny, picked up my 460 tank handle at the PO today (been waiting a month and a half for it, and I was not home yesterday to sign for it), only to get home and find out it is a 440 tank handle!

In better news, I got the P+C that were returned to me running on an Asian 660 today, and I think I'm going to like them. Preliminarily, it feels good, but did not have any large wood to cut. Tomorrow I'll be cutting at a family event, and there will be Hickory!

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm reluctant to post this because I hate to speak poorly of someone, but I think Mike is still porting saws and selling saws here, perhaps through a proxy.

I bought a 395xp from Mike in February of 2018. It was the second saw I bought from him, and his reputation had been well vouched for. I wasn't worried about it in any way. Anyway, the saw arrived and looked as it did in the pictures. I had an issue with the aftermarket clutch cover right away, which Mike helped me with by sending me a used one.

After running the saw a couple of times I noticed it leaking fuel profusely when tipped on the recoil side. Upon inspection, the saw was assembled with a used fuel tank which was broken in the AV limiter pocket near the fuel cap. rps20190226_132312_729.jpg

I probably had two tanks into the saw at this point maybe less. So I texted Mike. He said, no problem I'll send you a new one, and that he could buy them for $70. Long story short, he never sent a tank. He also won't text me back now.

After seeing a couple 394/395 build threads lately I've noticed my saw was also put together missing a few things. It was built with a new crankcase, but not the AV buffers were installed. I don't know if these are optional or not, but there's two visibly missing in this picture. rps20190226_132714_937.jpg

There is another missing under the case guard in the front. I'm new to Huskies, so I didn't notice these issues until very recently. rps20190226_133006_484.jpg

Anyway, just wanted to post this in case others are considering having a saw done by Mike or purchasing one that he did. My saws both run well, but it bothers me that he sold me this saw and won't answer any texts now. Also, I sold my MMWS 660 to buy this 395. If I'd known I was trading a saw built by a guy who stands behind his work for a saw with no after sale support, I wouldn't have done the deal.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ahhhh....another @t4driller story...

http://opeforum.com/threads/husqvarna-272xp-300.12898/

So i jump on this saw immediately when it popped up cuz it was my dream saw since contracting CAD.
May 26, 5:18pm- Texted Mike Toath and bs'ed like old friends the whole nite. He showed me pics of his shop and i told him to bear with my newbie questions just dont sell the saw. Im buying it.
May 27-bs'ed more, i talked him in to porting the saw for me as well. I paid him for complete job/and shipping back to me rite then and there. Ya I know.....PP/FF. I asked about how long it would be before i got the saw back. He said a couple weeks. He had 2 saws to do in front of me. No big thing i wasnt in a rush, just curious. First time i bought a saw from some one a few states away/second time i did the paypal thing. Didnt matter seemed he was a good dude and highly recommended.
May 28-bs'ed a lil more
May 29-bs'ed a lil more
June 14- sends pics in the morning of him cutting cylinder of the 272xp. I was ecstatic! We litterally bs'ed all day and nite and i asked him to build me a badazz 346. It was done. We had it all planned out. Prices, parts he had, parts we would have to get, things that wer changing, we had the next saw all figured out. Only thing left was for me to send money. I told myself get the first one back then do it. IMG_5465.PNG
August 30- texted him with just some small talk and just sayin hi-no response
Sept 3- texted him again with some small talk and asked if he had a video yet cuz i had some boys over bbq'in and wanted to make them jealous:D he responded right a way and said "what's ur address ill get that saw shipped to u"
Gave him my address again. Said he didnt have a video but would make one tomorrow.
Sept. 21- try to make small talk-no response
Nov. 15- try to make small talk- no response
Feb. 11- try to make small talk- no response

So thats my story. Posted link above so if anyone from OPE or As actually has the saw they know its hot. Or sold a few times over. I dont know where things went wrong but they did. Since i bought my saw between the 2 sites i have counted 5-6 saws where guys said i just got my saw back from @t4driller. So if he had 2 in front of mine it should be well done by now. And those wer just ones i happened to notice. I hate to be the snitch but the nice guy approach is not working and i got boned for $515. Seems like i wasnt the only one. Lets see how many of these stories hit the surface.........

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow, I'm not liking this at all.

I know I was very frustrated when he would not respond to me, but I got everything back. Not sure what he did or did not do, as he never got back to me, but the saw runs so I don't complain.

Hope it works out for you.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has there been an update since the posts @Ryan Browne @JohnnyBlade

There has, yes Brett. Thanks for the reminder. I meant to update this thread last night, but I got caught up losing a card game. Very important stuff.

Yes, I got a text from Mr. Driller himself yesterday afternoon saying he'd sent money for a new tank. PayPal account confirmed this. I wish none of this had ever needed to be posted, but I am happy to have the tank issue fixed. I'll order the buffers and take the saw apart soon. It'll be a good chance to get to know it a little better.

I know Mike has had some issues in his personal life which I am not privy to. I hope whatever he may be going through is soon in the past. I do believe that Mike is a good guy. I'm happy to have a clean ledger and to be able to be in contact with him again.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So i sent the post that i never wanted to send last tuesday. Wed. I got a message from Mike saying the saw is shipped with a tracking # as well. Will arrive on Friday. And it did. We chatted for awhile and he appologized. Seems there is some things that happened that would throw anybody off course. I told Mike i have no bad blood against him, sh!t happens. I used the saw Saturday and it performed well. He messaged me today to see if i liked it. And i do, lots of torque with the 20" bar that i had on it. Im glad we r speaking again and i wish him and his family the best.

GoBigBlue1984

Bluegrass Fart Knocker...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve tried messaging Mike and texting him and still have heard nothing. I’ve asked Dustin to pass information along that I’d like to talk to him and I’m sure Dustin has but still nothing.

I used to talk to Mike frequently. We’d discuss everything from Machining to our children to saws and a wide variety of things in between. We always got along great. I’ve sent him parts, he’s sent me parts. It was a good friendship (albeit online/cell phone).

A couple of years ago when we placed our orders for the Chinese buildoff saws I sent Mike $300 because he’d thought he paid for his stuff but I guess he hadnt and the saws had come in. I did that because we talked daily and I knew Mike was a worker and wouldn’t try and stiff anybody out of anything. He had just gotten laid off I believe or had to take some time off from work and he thanked me and said he would pay me back soon or build me a saw from parts he had laying around.

Well as time goes by I stop hearing from him and he stops answering my messages and texts. Id heard that he had some stuff happen in his personal life and that, I completely understand. But I just wish he’d have contacted me after so long and said “hey, I’ve had a lot of stuff going on and it’s been tough” I would’ve told him to take his time, no rush....things happen.

I guess it’s good that some of you have heard back and he’s made things right with you or attempted to.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My feeling exactly Brett. I got all my stuff back, so I'm not complaining, but I do not know what was - or was not - done. Very frustrating. Guess I'll just have to rip it down sometime and see what it looks like. It runs good, but no screamer, and that was the case before I sent it (an Asian 660 w/Cross P+C).

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My feeling exactly Brett. I got all my stuff back, so I'm not complaining, but I do not know what was - or was not - done. Very frustrating. Guess I'll just have to rip it down sometime and see what it looks like. It runs good, but no screamer, and that was the case before I sent it (an Asian 660 w/Cross P+C).
Glad you got it all back. That sort of thing should not happen, that being said we've all had tough spots in our lives and not done as we should have so I get both sides of the issue I feel.
As far as the asian 660 and the cross P&C you should have read my signature :deal:.