Sunseeker 52cc string trimmer/brush cutter

Deputyrpa

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an old Husky 325 RJX that has many issues other than the engine, and not worth rebuilding. So surfing the interwebs I came across these Sunseeker BC152 units online for 179 or so Samolians. 52cc 2-stroke is a big engine for a trimmer, but I'm not sure of the HP. I'm sure it's a typical knock off design that can be tweaked, and for the money, it may do the damage I need it to do with a blade on it. Has anyone had experience with one of these? If not, please convince me to be a huckleberry. Thanks.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
3:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an old Husky 325 RJX that has many issues other than the engine, and not worth rebuilding. So surfing the interwebs I came across these Sunseeker BC152 units online for 179 or so Samolians. 52cc 2-stroke is a big engine for a trimmer, but I'm not sure of the HP. I'm sure it's a typical knock off design that can be tweaked, and for the money, it may do the damage I need it to do with a blade on it. Has anyone had experience with one of these? If not, please convince me to be a huckleberry. Thanks.

Never heard of them but if you get a few seasons out of it, it would pay for its self at that price. Keep in mind, 52cc is going to be heavy. If you are worried about service life, stick with a well known brand. I have an echo 2620U that will eat 3" brush like its nothin! 26cc unit.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the same price you could get a very nice name brand machine with low miles. Especially right now when alot of folks are selling their OPE to pay for holidays.

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought one this spring, upgraded to a better harness and 2 renegade blades. Used it for brushing through the season with no problems. 1/4 the price of a same size name brand. Running strong when I put it away.