High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Sunday 5-26-20

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I spent the morning moving some fresh black dirt from the woods to cover some clay soil by the honey house.

Finished that chore and went back to see if I could cross the creek with the tractor. Went across fine, skidded a big dead Ash tree that had blown down in a bad area to a better area, then staged it for later cutting.
Got back to the house with a bucket load of fire wood to bring in the house since it is supposed to be wet damp and cool mid week.

Finished that up then went in to fix dinner as I had promised Kare. She had been wanting a cheese omelet for about a week now. We had bought a spiral cut ham for easter and make other things with it. Kare is not happy with the ham says it is to salty for her, we have bought the brand many times before and they were fine. Yes I my self think it is real salty but I can handle it. I cut off the bone 3 slices to go with my Omelet and fried them.

While I was fixing dinner Mike called and asked if I wanted to come over and shoot later. Told him sure haven’t heard from him in 10 days. In fact haven’t heard from any one for 10 to 15 days.

After dinner loaded three rifles in the truck, with about 500 rounds of ammo. Went to Mikes, drove back by his pole barn where Carols Jeep was parked. Mike had shooting benches set up about 10 feet apart just for the day. I started off so full of joy seeing my friends after so long I had to just set and compose my self.

We all were effected the same way. Carol was crying so hard she developed hic ups. Between crying and hic ups she told of doctors and nurses at the hospital who were staying in their travel trailers because they had wives, husbands and kids at home they didn’t want to catch covid 19 if they went home and possible brought some with them.

Said when this was over there would need to be some really good shrink work because many were going to suffer with PTS. Is going to happen all over the USA .

On Mondays nights news they told of a doctor who had killed her self after seen so many deaths.

You relise the Viet Nam war Suffered 58,000 deaths during the whole of the war. America the USA has suffered 50,000 deaths in a mear 3 to 4 months., with no let up.

Any way she finally pulled it together so we started shooting. Mike had made his range longer out to 200 yards and hung steel up from 8 inch plates to tiny 2 inch circles.

I started with my Remington 700 308 as I wanted to shoot up some old 150gr mag tip Speers. I have switched to Serria 165gr HPBT game king bullets for it.
Burned up around 75 rounds thru it. Then switched to the Remington 700 243.

This rifle is a very fine shooter with my reloads and I believe I could pick a grain of sand off a Gnats butt at 200 yards with it.

I shot 150 rounds thru it with a cooling period between having to reload.

Carol I saw was doing the lay and roll to shoot to her right, which is hard for a right hander to do.

I finished off shooting the rifle I got from my dad a Ruger 77 243 and dis a bunch thru it. I was asked to make a sun shade for carols rifle like I have on my swift. So a strip of note book paper was rolled around the scope and marked.

Will have it ready to try in a week since it is supposed to rain all day Wednesday.

Had a great time and went home happy after being to talk to friend in person and still stay safe.

Al

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like a great day there. Im ready to hear the ping from hitting steel again myself

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We've been talking about doing some shooting but so far it's only been talk...

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I am about to do some work on my home range also. Not a whole lot of shooting game, like deer in most Michigan areas but I want to streach my range out to near max what I can fit on my property safely around 250 yards.
We get some long shots 150 to 175 shots at coyotes because of how we set up trying to pull them out in the open so they can not circle to pick up our scent.

Al