Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I first received the cover from @Mattyo t0 mess with, right off I noticed the feel of the part. Can't quite put my finger on just what it is that puts off that feel of toughness, this cover does just that. Partly in the fact it weighs in twice as much as a standard cover, the other the material used is different.
As far as functionality goes I could find no fault in it anywhere, it would seem things were fairly well thought out before/during manufacturing. The color is a tad off from a new original, I would say looks like one that has some time on it and browned like some originals along the way did, overall not a deal breaker. The finish is almost like a semi gloss, snot shiny, but not dull either, so should go good with just about any condition saw out there. Screws were captured properly in the mounting holes which is a nice feature to retain.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
6:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are two different ones I sent you. The one with the decomp hole is a pre production sample and was semi gloss texture. The 2nd is matte finish and is the current finish. I like orange the least here out of all the colors that are available.

Ok....now ill go watch the vid of u smashing hehe

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice smashing! Dead center on air filter section is the weakest part of the cover. If you hit it on the spark plug region the hammer might bounce back atcha.....lol.

Its of note that my covers are actually glass reinforced nylon 30%. Its likely the husky covers do not have the same amount of glass reinforcement even though they say they do.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice smashing! Dead center on air filter section is the weakest part of the cover. If you hit it on the spark plug region the hammer might bounce back atcha.....lol.

Its of note that my covers are actually glass reinforced nylon 30%. Its likely the husky covers do not have the same amount of glass reinforcement even though they say they do.

Well what you didn't see was the Am cover the hammer went right down to the wood, the old cover about half way, your cover stopped the hammer dead. Which is why I said your cover could possibly save on other damages inside, which quite frankly can be quite costly.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are two different ones I sent you. The one with the decomp hole is a pre production sample and was semi gloss texture. The 2nd is matte finish and is the current finish. I like orange the least here out of all the colors that are available.

Still thinking on what to do with the second cover, I'll come up with something...

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the record I would have no problem using one of Matt's covers on a build.
You can see what I thought of that AM lo top, had it around here for years and couldn't bring myself to put it on a saw.
Put the screws in and the fell out, plastic felt and looked wrong, big ol' snarffle in the middle from when it was molded.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Is it Matty-o ?

Or...

Matt-yo ?

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
For the record I would have no problem using one of Matt's covers on a build.
You can see what I thought of that AM lo top, had it around here for years and couldn't bring myself to put it on a saw.
Put the screws in and the fell out, plastic felt and looked wrong, big ol' snarffle in the middle from when it was molded.
You putting this review on the new forum?

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty sure drf256 is doc. Hehe. I only make telemarketers call me dr olson. For most other folks I'm just matt. That said ...I've gotta get back to drilling on teeth.
Hey doc what do you make of this? He just gottem pulled. Been 4 days of unhappiness

3314.jpeg