Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
3:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Guys and Gals,
Good news for those out there wishing they could get that old 2100 up and running again but the cylinder has plating issues. Well the wait is over, A decent P&C kit is now available at; https://www.sawsalvage.co/products/...a-298-2100-2101xp?_pos=1&_sid=377b53802&_ss=r
and at a reasonable price that makes sense to get these old saws up and running. They come with a Duke's Performance coated piston that I reviewed a year prior.
The cylinder had a good look and feel about it and for all I could tell properly made as I could not find any faults about it. Also take note that this review is from a plug and play perspective, not that of a ported saw. Which, the answer of that question is an absolute yes, from the sample I received, should get an old saw up and running again.
It's been so long that the phone I took all the pictures with has been replaced now, I do however have a before and after of the saw running on my YouTube. Maybe @Duke Thieroff can post some pics.
Too many things to take in consideration from one to the next other than no carb tuning was performed in between. I can tell you, as far as a performance comparison goes the new cylinder has it over the old in my professional opinion. Let you decide...

Before

After

I like this P&C arrangement and am leaving it in my saw, I think the most of folks are going to be as happy as I am to get that old saw running again, which, is what it's all about.

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
4:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey @Stump Shot thanks for taking a look at that for me and helping to make sure everything fits right and is running properly.

I'm super pleased with how the cylinders turned out and I believe you are correct in saying that they are a good option and will certainly revive a saw from the dead.

Retail is $130, nikasil plated. Stiffer clips, cast iron rings. Really a nice set.

Photo_1621370164460.jpg Photo_1621370166812.jpg Photo_1621370164913.jpg Photo_1621370164913.jpg

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you a base gasket delete or used one on the dukes?

Used my last new nla gasket in my stash. :(

He made a base gasket from the skin and bones of non-believers.

Actually No, but I like the way you're thinking here. :)

Hey @Stump Shot thanks for taking a look at that for me and helping to make sure everything fits right and is running properly.

I'm super pleased with how the cylinders turned out and I believe you are correct in saying that they are a good option and will certainly revive a saw from the dead.

Retail is $130, nikasil plated. Stiffer clips, cast iron rings. Really a nice set.

View attachment 295138 View attachment 295139 View attachment 295140 View attachment 295141

You can also advertise for the 1100CD. Same thing. ;)

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
4:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I
Used my last new nla gasket in my stash. :(

Actually No, but I like the way you're thinking here. :)

You can also advertise for the 1100CD. Same thing. ;)
Got the gaskets made from the sample you sent me buddy.

Should have them ready for sale in the next couple days!

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
1:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Guys and Gals,
Good news for those out there wishing they could get that old 2100 up and running again but the cylinder has plating issues. Well the wait is over, A decent P&C kit is now available at; https://www.sawsalvage.co/products/...a-298-2100-2101xp?_pos=1&_sid=377b53802&_ss=r
and at a reasonable price that makes sense to get these old saws up and running. They come with a Duke's Performance coated piston that I reviewed a year prior.
The cylinder had a good look and feel about it and for all I could tell properly made as I could not find any faults about it. Also take note that this review is from a plug and play perspective, not that of a ported saw. Which, the answer of that question is an absolute yes, from the sample I received, should get an old saw up and running again.
It's been so long that the phone I took all the pictures with has been replaced now, I do however have a before and after of the saw running on my YouTube. Maybe @Duke Thieroff can post some pics.
Too many things to take in consideration from one to the next other than no carb tuning was performed in between. I can tell you, as far as a performance comparison goes the new cylinder has it over the old in my professional opinion. Let you decide...

Before

After

I like this P&C arrangement and am leaving it in my saw, I think the most of folks are going to be as happy as I am to get that old saw running again, which, is what it's all about.
very very good news