Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometimes in life things just roll as natural and smoothly as can be and this is a story about one of those times.
In doing another collaboration with @Duke Thieroff we got to talking about pistons, like usual I mentioned the need for a decent replacement 2100 piston. The next day I was asked to measure the piston pin for him and less than two weeks later and example was at my front door.
Seeing that I put him up to it, I figured I best do what I could on my end to try this new piston out.
The only cylinder I had is pretty sketchy, having some plating fall off around the intake port. Not wanting to ruin my good original piston, I never ran it, but figuring that if it did get worse I could always buy another of these new dandy's.
This is not, I repeat, not something I condone doing normally. This being an exception to the rule. If the plating does worsen I'm surely not to blame the piston for it.
Everything seemed good dimensionally speaking and the ring gap was right on at .009" .
Asthetichally speaking, these are very nicely made I really like the molly coating and I wouldn't have a problem using them not just as a replacement, but for a high performance build as well. For now I can find no faults with them and they have my blessing.

IMG_20200118_194928012.jpg

IMG_20200118_194945114.jpg

IMG_20200118_195002830.jpg

IMG_20200118_213454489.jpg

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
3:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Asthetichally speaking, these are very nicely made I really like the molly coating and I wouldn't have a problem using them not just as a replacement, but for a high performance build as well. For now I can find no faults with them and they have my blessing.

Steve - How does the wrist pin fit in the pin bore? That's the main issue with the Golf pistons. The finish on this one looks good.

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
6:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometimes in life things just roll as natural and smoothly as can be and this is a story about one of those times.
In doing another collaboration with @Duke Thieroff we got to talking about pistons, like usual I mentioned the need for a decent replacement 2100 piston. The next day I was asked to measure the piston pin for him and less than two weeks later and example was at my front door.
Seeing that I put him up to it, I figured I best do what I could on my end to try this new piston out.
The only cylinder I had is pretty sketchy, having some plating fall off around the intake port. Not wanting to ruin my good original piston, I never ran it, but figuring that if it did get worse I could always buy another of these new dandy's.
This is not, I repeat, not something I condone doing normally. This being an exception to the rule. If the plating does worsen I'm surely not to blame the piston for it.
Everything seemed good dimensionally speaking and the ring gap was right on at .009" .

View attachment 219418

View attachment 219423

View attachment 219428

View attachment 219429

Thanks for taking the time @Stump Shot . Making all this stuff happen is a blast and I'm really enjoying it. I got to say those ae same damned purdy pistons AND you made a video.

You're the man!

Nice !!!!!!!

Yo @Duke Thieroff well done mfer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:zpong::zpong::zpong:

Steve - How does the wrist pin fit in the pin bore? That's the main issue with the Golf pistons. The finish on this one looks good.

Wanna check one out, brother?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The wrist pin was a snug fit, just able to push it in without difficulty. It came with earless keepers, without a notch these are hard to use. I used old OEM ones here, I talked with the Duke and he is going to see to it that a one ear set of clips comes with these. This was the only issue I had with installation and seeing that it's being handled, a non issue at that.

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The wrist pin was a snug fit, just able to push it in without difficulty. It came with earless keepers, without a notch these are hard to use. I used old OEM ones here, I talked with the Duke and he is going to see to it that a one ear set of clips comes with these. This was the only issue I had with installation and seeing that it's being handled, a non issue at that.
Yep, you're absolutely right. Some inventory may ship initially with the "Stihl" type clips, but I'll be getting some clips with the ears in the near future.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Also this piston really isn't in the "Golf" league as to compare, totally different manufacturing going on here, But I let the Duke explain about that if anyone's interested.

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also this piston really isn't in the "Golf" league as to compare, totally different manufacturing going on here, But I let the Duke explain about that if anyone's interested.

Yep made in a different factory with different casting molds/tooling etc

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd also like to say that i am impressed enough with this piston, not only will I be using it in future 2100 builds, but I will be checking out other offerings that the Duke has as well. I like that he has stuff that no one else thinks to make. Good job @Duke Thieroff

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd also like to say that i am impressed enough with this piston, not only will I be using it in future 2100 builds, but I will be checking out other offerings that the Duke has as well. I like that he has stuff that no one else thinks to make. Good job @Duke Thieroff
Thanks man!

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good deal. I've looked over your kits on Ebay but never took the plunge. They look very well made and I may snag a kit when I do another rebuild.
Thanks bud!

If you ever have any questions or need any details please ask me any time. We have a bunch of different iterations of setups.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
3:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good deal. I've looked over your kits on Ebay but never took the plunge. They look very well made and I may snag a kit when I do another rebuild.

I've bought quite a few things from Duke and he has been absolutely stellar every time.