High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

String trimmer line thickness and cut quality?

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an echo 3020 and I find that the string I’m using leaves quite a terrible cut. It is the gauge they recommend at .095 husky line.

would using a thinner line give me a better cut?

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with the black diamond cutting very smooth. I have used .095 though. The husqvarna brand line sucks in both cut quality and in durability.
Switch to the .105 echo black diamond line. That stuff cuts smooth and fast

thanks boys I will try that!!!
Any quick tips for using a string trimmer better? I have troubles keeping it level.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
7:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any quick tips for using a string trimmer better? I have troubles keeping it level.

Practice! Best advice I can give you. Also I have the same trimmer as you and it can be heavy after about 45min of use. A lot of light battery options out there if all you are doing is trimming a walkway or around the house. I trim around field fences and ditch banks so a heavy trimmer with balls fits my bill!

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Practice! Best advice I can give you. Also I have the same trimmer as you and it can be heavy after about 45min of use. A lot of light battery options out there if all you are doing is trimming a walkway or around the house. I trim around field fences and ditch banks so a heavy trimmer with balls fits my bill!
The power on this thing is more than I need. I wanted something that would last and wouldn’t be underpowered that’s why I bought it. It takes me 20-30 minutes to do the inside and outside perimeter of my house and I’ve had it a year, I don’t mind the weight.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
7:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The power on this thing is more than I need. I wanted something that would last and wouldn’t be underpowered that’s why I bought it. It takes me 20-30 minutes to do the inside and outside perimeter of my house and I’ve had it a year, I don’t mind the weight.

We can rule out fatigue for your less that acceptable results then.

Do you cut against the rotation off the string? That will give you a much cleaner cut than if you cut with rotation.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I’m cutting thicker heavier grsss I cut in both directions. I guess that’s probably not right.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have a bad lower back so a single loop sling over the shoulder with a slip on pad is perfect for trimmers and power pole saws. Keeps it study and carries the weight vs forward of center on your arms. Work smarter not harder.
A clip onto a tube mount makes it a snap to release the tool.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We can rule out fatigue for your less that acceptable results then.

Do you cut against the rotation off the string? That will give you a much cleaner cut than if you cut with rotation.
Wow I just never thought of that and it makes perfect sense...
that’s probably my issue! I will give the echo diamond line a try anyways

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another great line you should try that is inexpensive is Rotary Vortex. I won't use anything else since I haven't found anything better even for more money.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I switched to this last year and love it. Clean cut and lasts a lot longer then the old green crap i was using.
39361d6757eab7cc36efb7f3464935dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dislike string and use nylon blades .Fact it was around 7 years I bought the only new trimmer in my life ,Stihl and ordered it with a blade head before I picked it up .Then found a source for blades at a fraction of the cost as Stihl .Bulk ,like 100 in a big plastic bag .

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

A lot of our customers have switched over to this. Had excellent feedback overall.