Straight Shot - Bark Box - Modded OEM

toolmaker

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sure this discussion will be interesting.

Other than price. is there much difference in performance between these options?

I do have to admit that the add-on muffler covers seem to be more appealing to the eye than a modded muff, at least for my taste.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can see the thicker metal of the “bark box” types holding up better long term. But I like the stock look of a well executed muffler mod with a wide weave screen to complete it. Comes down to personal preference. Seems like you have your mind made up already.

toolmaker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can see the thicker metal of the “bark box” types holding up better long term. But I like the stock look of a well executed muffler mod with a wide weave screen to complete it. Comes down to personal preference. Seems like you have your mind made up already.
Nah, I don't have my mind made up already. gotta be honest......... I never even heard of these add-on covers until today.
I have a modded OEM muff on my 460 that was done by Kevin, it looks really nice and well-executed but it is rotting out and needs some love.
I jury-rigged it to patch a hole, but it is now on borrowed time.
Just thinking ahead.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
11:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t like how the barkbox shoots the exhaust 90 degrees to the bar. Probably fine for bucking and felling. In a tree I do a lot of “upside down” cuts and it blows the exhaust in my face.

Stem

Professional Cup Stacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the look & sound of the 066 ported front cover (along with the 1" single barrel exit on the side) on my 650, but its starting to get beat up from the last 10+ years of use. bark box would definitely be tougher.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
10:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the Egan straight shot. Jason is a good local buddy of mine, so I choose to support him and I like how durable those covers are built

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
12:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mastermind can get you a good deal on a bark box. He’s all about selling the box… bark box… rental pig box… saws in a box… used dent pullers in a box… etc.

I heard a rumor his specialty is a dik in a box.
At least thats what people in WV are saying.