High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Stolen saws

jimstihl

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Looking for some advice / Recently I lost seven saws that are not covered by insurance and I did my research and found 2 of them on E/Bay from a seller close to me! Local law is involved and really show not much interest in helping ! Any body ever try and get seller info and take matters in there own hands ? The first saw auction ends sat @ 7 pm and the second saw ends Sunday @ 7 pm Really hate watching my dam saws slip away **** Has anybody faced this type problem and successfully recovered there goods?Any advise would be great! Thanks Jim

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
7:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Really looks like your local law would help if you have serial #'s or proof of ownership.

blackop555

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Show up for local pick up with cops. Bring proof of ownership

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh and sorry to hear ya had stuff stolen. Its no fun. I had an atv ripped off years ago.

jimstihl

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well lesson learned have or had? about 30 saws as of this month, I buy used and have been building for about 20years and not once thought about recording ser #s Dammit !!! but I have great pics and most saws are one off with goodies:Infact one of the saws in question I bought off this site needing a new rebuild with the main case replaced now the bitatch is on flea/bay !

treesmith

Tree Hugger/Cutterer
Local time
10:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Turn up for a test run with a mate or three and a baseball bat, a lot of thefts are to feed drug habits so the last thing you want is to get one on one with an ice head scum bag

Last edited:

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This type of equipment is really difficult to recover. If your local police won't help, try a different police department. ie, if it's city police, go to county. If it's county go to state police, etc. Someone should be willing to do something because there's likely a house full of stolen stuff, not just your OPE. Have you contacted eBay? Paypal?

Chainganger

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If it is stolen and you can prove it, the saws are still yours. Even if sold, the saws are still yours.

You could always bring a conciliation court action aganst the seller and buyer if you can prove that the saw that was stolen and yours.

ft. churchill

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'd be happy to lead him deep into the Nevada backcountry "where the gold nuggets are as large as hens eggs and just waitin' for you to fill your pockets". He may never come back. Funny how folks from Washington just dont know how to find water in the desert.

jimstihl

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I contacted eBay and if I choose I can shut his site down but dam I do that and no chance recovering then:(

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Simple. Buy the saws on eBay. Set up a face to face exchange take the law(or not) and take your saws back. Beauty is he still has to pay eBay their end.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If law enforcement will not help, perhaps ebay or the seller will. Perhaps the seller does not know they are stolen and can tell you where he got them.

I can not imagine ebay letting stolen items sell. If you know who you purchased them from, they may have recorded the SNs.

Best of luck.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is a very real possibility stated above. That the eBay seller isn't the thief. I've had people sell me saws for pretty low prices because they were cash strapped. I would never buy a saw at any price if I knew it was stolen. But any used saw may have a theft in its past. Same with used guns, appliances, computers, etc.
If you are sure these are your saws, you know what they're worth. Bid on them. lol.
I rarely buy saws in good running order, I typically buy saws that are screwed up and put them in good running order.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to read about your saws.... There's some good ideas posted above and a wide range of recourse! You have to act NOW if you're going to have any chance at getting them back. It will take a lot of your time but stay after it that's your only hope to get your stuff back.