Still thinning the herd

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've arranged to sell ALL of my Poulan saws, parts and related. Also, ALL my McCulloch saws, parts and related. This will make a big dent in my saw hoard. Next up will be my large vintage Homelite accumulation. When I'm eventually done, I won't have any saws/parts except for Stihl and Husqvarna. And not much of the latter. The buyer of the Poulan/Mac stuff is supposed to get back with me later this month when he has the cash. (not very much, he's getting a deal) Meanwhile I'll box it up as it's spread all over the floor of my shop right now.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pics? Are you selling in separate lots or is it a “all or nothing” deal on the homie stuff.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pics? Are you selling in separate lots or is it a “all or nothing” deal on the homie stuff.
The Homelite stuff I want to sell in a single lot. There's probably 20 saws, a bunch of bars, chains, parts, etc. I'll see if the guy follows through on the Poulan/Mac stuff and then I may pull out all the Homelite items, inventory and get pics of stuff. I'm looking for $1000 for the whole lot.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, the guy came back and brought some cash. Filled the back of his pickup including the back seat. He got 28 saws plus a bunch of parts. Also some misc string trimmer parts and a bin full of misc unknown parts for things I don't have. Made me a little room in the shop. Is it noticeable? Sadly, no but I'm committed to clearing out additional "stuff". He done good for $200.00.

NCFarmboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Better man than me couldn't part with 28 + unless they were homeowner Poulan's & Mac's. Might just give them for free. I just add on to the building or build a new shed.

Shep

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Better man than me couldn't part with 28 + unless they were homeowner Poulan's & Mac's. Might just give them for free. I just add on to the building or build a new shed.

Shep
Don't worry, I'm not out of saws. The Poulans consisted of a bunch of older top handles like the 2000 series and the XXV/25DA saws. Plus a bunch of homeowner green rear handles. There were a couple of Poulan Pros in yellow, and an older Craftsman/Poulan top handle powersharp. A Tanaka parts saw was in that "pile" too.
On the Macs, there was a 10-10, 2-10, ProMac 610, ProMac 10-10, a Mac cut off saw for a small (7 or 8") wheel. and so forth.
I'm just so jammed up in my shop that it's difficult for me to function well and has been an area of frustration. I don't spend nearly as much time messing with saws and have decided to narrow down to just Stihls with a few Husqvarnas mixed in. My next goal is to move all my Homelites (I think I counted 21).
I still have over 50 saws so there's plenty of projects to last me the rest of my life.