Trader history (4)

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
8:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Up for sale is a Stihl MS461 project. The backstory is I got the saw as a box of parts from my old boss. I split the cases and installed new oem bearings, new oem seals, a new Meteor piston, cleaned up the original cylinder, bought a new Hyway? dp muff cover, new Stihl carb kit, a new oem impulse line, and "The Duke's" a/m unlimited coil. I put it together, ran 2 tanks through it and then it started dying when I flipped it sideways. I pulled the jug to put a threaded insert in it and saw the piston was lightly scratched as the big end bearing was breaking up. I got a lightly used crank from a member here, put the saw together and tracked the air leak to the decomp and a tiny base gasket leak. A new oem decomp and some Kopper Kote fixed the leaks and the saw passed the p/v test with flying colors. But, I can't get the damned thing to do more than fire up for 5 seconds before it cuts out and won't restart. I have several other running 70cc saws and I'm tired of messing with this so I'd rather sell her. I'd like $425 + the ride, I also have a Maxflow kit I ran on it that I'd toss in for another $25. If I'm way off on the price please feel free to make a reasonable offer, and if you want more/specific pics let me know and I'll get some.
IMG_9606.JPG IMG_9607.JPG IMG_9608.JPG IMG_9609.JPG IMG_9610.JPG

KcChiefs2019

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hope this don't offend u. I'm looking for a winter time build. I would be in @ around $200. I'm only looking at this with cost of new OEM parts.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
8:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hope this don't offend u. I'm looking for a winter time build. I would be in @ around $200. I'm only looking at this with cost of new OEM parts.
What parts do you think this needs, outside of a filter and filter cover? A filter and filter cover should be ~$75, and a used oem coil (which I may order later today) is about $40.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm, maybe I'll wipe it down and get better pics tomorrow, it looks kinda filthy on the big screen.

cat-driving.gif