High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Stihl HL-KM145 loosing alot of grease

philipn

OPE Member
Local time
7:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi - ive several stihl cutters. They all loose a little grease out at the blades but my 145 kombi is oozing alot of grease out at the blades. The little red plastic gasket is there ok but a teaspoon size blob of grease will appear when i run it for a few minutes after i pack the gear box. I didnt own this fom new and had to replace the main gear when i got so its hard to know if anything else is missing. And havent been able to get a workshop manual for this yet.
Any ideas appreciated

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe you did overgrease it. Did you grease it? If yes how much did you put in? Normally only 0,4oz (10-12g) of grease are needed.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup you don't want to 'fill' it with grease.

philipn

OPE Member
Local time
7:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
many thanks - probably had about 20g in it. Will keep an eye on it

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi - ive several stihl cutters. They all loose a little grease out at the blades but my 145 kombi is oozing alot of grease out at the blades. The little red plastic gasket is there ok but a teaspoon size blob of grease will appear when i run it for a few minutes after i pack the gear box. I didnt own this fom new and had to replace the main gear when i got so its hard to know if anything else is missing. And havent been able to get a workshop manual for this yet.
Any ideas appreciated
Check your inbox for some info