High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Stihl FS80R replacement.

oldmason

OPE Member
Local time
1:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
What is a Stihl replacement that would be comparable to a FS80R? I've had my FS80R for fifteen years and it might be time to buy a newer model.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Closest thing will be the fs94r. It's the only two stroke professional trimmer they have in the same range.

oldmason

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll check into that. The guy that I usually buy from was trying to sell me a fs56 and i didn't think it would have the power or last as long as I want.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah it's a much better trimmer than the FS56.

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve had my fs56 for 10 years or so. Seems fine to me but I’ve never used a more powerful trimmer. I guess I don’t know what I’m missing.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an 80 & a 94 trimmer. The 80 seems to rev up faster where as the 94 seems to run at a slightly lower rpm but they both do an equally good job of trimming power wise. The 80 does seem better balanced for me. Just my opinion.

Lcfd1124

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What is a Stihl replacement that would be comparable to a FS80R? I've had my FS80R for fifteen years and it might be time to buy a newer model.
The fs 70 is awesome if you are wanting a true two stroke in the professional line up

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The FS 70 is no traditional 2 stroke engine, it is a stratified scavening engine. The Engine is the same as the FS 56.

Lcfd1124

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's a two stroke that doesn't have valves that has to be adjusted like the 4 mixes.

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is a 2 stroke engine with stratified scavening technology. Of course it does not have valves, because it is not a 4 stroke or 4-Mix engine. But it is stratified charged.

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Checking in for the evening, ran a tank of fuel through my fs56 this afternoon. Been a while since I trimmed everything, worked flawlessly as usual!

Turd Ferguson

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I have 2 FS85 and 2 FS80 trimmers. The only difference that I know between them is the flex shaft in the 80 vs the solid shaft in the 85. I think Stihl used the same powerhead on at least the 75, 80 and 85. I have one each for trimming, hedge trimming, blade w/handle bars and one with the chainsaw attachment. Since Stihl wants to sell kombi attachments now I bought the kombi units and simply removed the shaft and used the attachment end - works perfectly. I don't like the fact that the Chinese have cloned a lot of the older FS trimmer parts - but it will provide me options for keeping these 4 beauties running for years to come. My buddy said to me the other day - you have FOUR - holy heck look at the maintenance. I looked at him and said - I'm semi-retired and nothing but time to do what I want after 42 years - what maintenance??? I just stuck a Chinese carburetor on my brush cutter FS85 the other day because it was bogging under throttle up and I couldn't adjust it out to suit me - $15 bucks for a new carburetor, air filters, and a new gas tank cap - runs like a new one. He didn't notice my 4 Stihl 028 chainsaws either.

stihlnut

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I ran a FS 56 for a while and for the price it,s a great trimmer. I have just got a FSA 60R for quick jobs ( my first battery powered trimmer) and like it a lot also.

oldmason

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Closest thing will be the fs94r. It's the only two stroke professional trimmer they have in the same range.
I ended up buying the fs94r and it is great. It's got all the power I need and with the bigger gas tank, I don't have to refuel as often. The anti-vibration is awesome.With the old fs80, my hands would be numb after about an hour. Now I can run as long as I want and I have no numbness. Thanks again for the recommendation.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ended up buying the fs94r and it is great. It's got all the power I need and with the bigger gas tank, I don't have to refuel as often. The anti-vibration is awesome.With the old fs80, my hands would be numb after about an hour. Now I can run as long as I want and I have no numbness. Thanks again for the recommendation.
I'm glad you like yours. Mine is my favorite trimmer of all time.

furb

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I was thinking about selling my FS111 and getting an FS94 but I have a pile of 80 and 85s here. If you think the vibes are bad on the 80 run a 55 or 56. I had one for my wife and the vibration was that bad I ended up getting her a 100rx. I have neuropathy and she has Raynauds so that come have something to do with it.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a KM94 and it's a great unit. Don't like the couplings Stihl use, they could be improved but the little motor runs hard. I've probably put 200 tanks through it trimming, hedge trimming and pole sawing. Have not replaced one part, original spark plug, air filter, fuel filter. The throttle +/- dial is a bit useless you should have good throttle control with experience. But I've been really happy with the KM94 and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. Great run time per tank.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 2 fs80s with low use on them. I often wondered how hard/ expensive it would be to change one over from a loop handle to a bike handle. Anyone know? Thanks.

furb

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 2 fs80s with low use on them. I often wondered how hard/ expensive it would be to change one over from a loop handle to a bike handle. Anyone know? Thanks.

For new parts more than it’s worth. Just the throttle cable was over $30 years ago when I needed one. I’d try to find a junk one with a good handle set up. I may even have everything but it’ll be a month until I’m sorted out again.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For new parts more than it’s worth. Just the throttle cable was over $30 years ago when I needed one. I’d try to find a junk one with a good handle set up. I may even have everything but it’ll be a month until I’m sorted out again.
Well I’m certainly in no hurry. If you are interested keep me posted & thanks for the information.