STIHL Chainsaw Laser and Bluetooth

msellers

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure how I feel about this. Seems like a good way for folks to get over confident, and pull even more "Hold my beer" antics.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Going to be honest looks like something to get broke out in the brush if you want something to carry for a sight what’s wrong with a bob?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
1:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure how I feel about this. Seems like a good way for folks to get over confident, and pull even more "Hold my beer" antics.
Probably said the same thing about chaps, chain brakes, and automatic chain oilers!

Philbert

msellers

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably said the same thing about chaps, chain brakes, and automatic chain oilers!

Philbert
Haha, I am not old enough to say that. I use chaps, but do have a soft spot for my old manual oiler vibrate your teeth out saws.
Mike

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
'They' probably said something similar when saws went from 30 weight, non-detergent motor oil to 'special' oil mixed at 50:1 !!! What was wrong with a double-bladed axe anyway?

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like simple things. To me this is a ‘gadget’, but makes you think a bit. And maybe fun to play with. Interested in others’ opinions.

Philbert

msellers

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like simple things. To me this is a ‘gadget’, but makes you think a bit. And maybe fun to play with. Interested in others’ opinions.

Philbert
The more I think about it, the more I can see this being if nothing else a great teaching tool. Also would potentially make for a fast job with cutting to length.
Mike

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
2:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
i like the idea. woild be more interested if it was more incorporated into the handle and not such an intrusion to the handle itself. maybe something similar but from your helmet..heck everyone wears a gopro now anyways... :)

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The more I think about it, the more I can see this being if nothing else a great teaching tool. Also would potentially make for a fast job with cutting to length.
Mike

I’m coming from it as a fallers it’s great till it’s broke and the green guy has never used the sights before this reminds me of a crutch more then a tool. Have you ever seen the big sights used before where you have two sticks or rods that meet to make a sight point for the center of your face? How accurate is this say at 41’ out or farther? European manufacturers are great at seeing problems that really aren’t there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Philbert

I do very little falling; what little falling I do does not need to be so accurate that I need a laser!!! But, that thing as a firewood measuring tool has my attention. Depending on price, I would be interested in trying one.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
2:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do very little falling; what little falling I do does not need to be so accurate that I need a laser!!! But, that thing as a firewood measuring tool has my attention. Depending on price, I would be interested in trying one.

Same here. It beats the measuring stick for putting it down and remembering where you put it. But knowing Stihl, it aint gonna come cheap....