Stihl brand NGK spark plug

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
9:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd say it just another way stihl are selling the complete package to the daft homeowners.

yes the threaded cap thin on the top does come loose at times, but very rarely from what I’ve seen. I don’t think it Would ignite gasoline if there was a spark, more like just make the machine run rough/ badly.
Maybe the on the odd occasion the spark plug comes loose, well that sealing washer may give it some extra hold, and help stop people stripping threads.

it would be interesting to see the price difference, and I bet there’s a big difference.

Don’t forget how long we’ve been using the std ngk type:rolleyes:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
5:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Ngk plugs I get from my napa have the fixed terminal just like that “stihl” sparkplug. They didn’t even call the terminal it’s proper name in the article... they called it a “union” o_O. I will say I do prefer the ngk plugs with the fixed terminal over the screw on ones. No risk of loosening. That said... either one has worked for me so far.

aaron580

OPE Member
Local time
5:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its just a standard BPMR7A... Not much else special about it. What is interesting, I got a brand new 070, and it had a threaded terminal WSR6F plug in it from the factory.