toolmaker

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi guys
I found a local BR600 backpack blower, brand new.

Good machine?

Please advise ASAP, going to look at it within the hour on my way home from work

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some like them some don't. It's a 4 mix engine, with tiny little valves and a plastic camshaft. Redmax/Husqvarna or Echo for me.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the BR 700 if you have a lot of maple & oak trees gets the job done quickly keep ethanol free mix in her starts on 2 or 3 pulls every time had several years no issues

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Better value with a new echo and that’s coming from a stihl fan. I have an echo 770 blower and would like to get the 9010. I wouldn’t buy a stihl blower.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Better value with a new echo and that’s coming from a stihl fan. I have an echo 770 blower and would like to get the 9010. I wouldn’t buy a stihl blower.
There’s a few very good blowers out there no sales pitching just saying it like it is had good luck with the 700 for several years never did a thing to it starts every time from sitting around for a few months attributed probably to good no ethanol fuel mix

Deeres

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My BR600 is toast after 8 years - need to dig into why (carb or engine). But in the meantime to manage 0.7ac of leaves from 3 sided onslaught of woods, I bought a new Husky 350BT. I would have been better off to buy two, new 350BTs, shelved one for 8 years and used the other one and tossed it out. I think STIHL's older 1985-older products were well-made and sturdy - I think the new 4-cycle and other models are less reliable. The other item is - parts. My BR600 parts orders are months in and no word if they'll ever be filled. Three New England dealers told me the secret - STIHL parts are very hard to come by since they bet the farm on Ukraine and China as sourcing locations for all parts except the base metal parts made in Germany. They all have service equipment in that cannot be completed due to one item...parts. Two of the three dealers that do basic repair are telling customers to come back in Mar/April 2023 for service.

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad this popped back up, Local hardware store is doing ladies night in a week. 20% off, for a few hours. They have a 9010 on the shelf as of this afternoon, I’ll have my wife grab it if they still have it.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There’s a few very good blowers out there no sales pitching just saying it like it is had good luck with the 700 for several years never did a thing to it starts every time from sitting around for a few months attributed probably to good no ethanol fuel mix

I've watched br 800s get beat on daily for a few years now with ZERO problems other than the occasional pull cord ripped out.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
2:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've watched br 800s get beat on daily for a few years now with ZERO problems other than the occasional pull cord ripped out.

Used to see 600's get the same treatment and then sold after a few years service before they chit the bed in a magnificent fashion. I still have one that was two years old in heavy service when I got it. I just use it a bit in the fall is all. Also if a fella is handy, short blocks can be had for a reasonable sum and worth it if you don't have to pay to put it in.
For homeowner service a new one would last a long time I would say.
As to look at it in another way I have also junked out quite a few older one's that weren't worth being fixed, most bought new Echo's and never looked back. Had one coil failure is all and the rest just needed regular maintenance to keep running well so far.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i have a br600 that i bought used four or five years ago and it looks like its had a hard life before i got it. i run it a fair amount during leaf season and every time i mow. it runs great starts on the first or second pull most of the time. i keep the valves adjusted like they are supposed to be. but it looks like someone has split the case before as there is sealer all around it. i only paid 250 for it and it has been worth it no question. i used to work with small power equipment daily and we had a br600 and an echo blower

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know exactly nothing about this model but I do have a BR 400 which has given me excellent service for at least 10-12 years .In addition a BG 85 which at the time was the largest Stihl hand held blower .It also has been flawless .That one had lost a battle with a 7,000 pound brush chipper ,got smashed .I found another one they said had a bad engine on flea bay for I think 50 bucks .Stripped it down and swapped the engine .
Much of this stuff I get for nothing ,like blowers and weed wackers .Usually no matter what brand they are I usually get them all running but it may take some time to find all the parts .