Stihl 201t clutch cover brake assembly

Mr.TunaCat

OPE Member
Local time
8:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am recently taking apart my 3 stihl chainsaws for repair/cleaning and my 201t the clutch cover brake is a nightmare. I have taken it apart to clean out once before and I remember it was a pain.

I don’t know what I am doing wrong. Every time i am trying to put the cover on the springs/brake band something slips out of place. Or the tension is not enough on the brake band and the lever blocks the cover from seating.

Anyone have any advice or a good video guide?

Woodwackr

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am recently taking apart my 3 stihl chainsaws for repair/cleaning and my 201t the clutch cover brake is a nightmare. I have taken it apart to clean out once before and I remember it was a pain.

I don’t know what I am doing wrong. Every time i am trying to put the cover on the springs/brake band something slips out of place. Or the tension is not enough on the brake band and the lever blocks the cover from seating.

Anyone have any advice or a good video guide?
Pics?
What exactly are you having trouble with? Getting the. Over back on can be a pain but there is a trick to it.

Mr.TunaCat

OPE Member
Local time
8:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pics?
What exactly are you having trouble with? Getting the. Over back on can be a pain but there is a trick to it.
I will try now to take pics but it's extremely hard. I know where everything goes. The first time I did it today I forgot the curved bar that inserts under the breaker bar. It was so easy. now after inserting that bar there is just too much force from the spring and the bar that the coil can't compete and i have to hold it in place or something will slip out.

Curved bar:
IMG_2851.HEIC.jpeg

This is the biggest problem: the tension from the spring & the flat bar are stronger than the coils tension and the link is pulled outside the case blocking it from closing the lid all while trying to hold it from a piece coming out of place123_1.jpeg:

123_1.jpeg123_1.jpeg

I got to be doing something wrong but I don't know what. I have spent like an hour and half messing with this thing lol. bout to lose my mind and buy a new one.

atpchas

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Youtube - at least a couple vids that should help.